How to remote view Hikvision System on Web browser?

adamVV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the Hikvision DS-7604ni-k1/4p system, I want to be able to view in on a web browser, how would i go about doing this? Thanks.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the browser type in the IP address of the NVR. Just make sure they are on the same subnet

adamVV

n3wb
Reaction score
In the browser type in the IP address of the NVR. Just make sure they are on the same subnet
Thanks for your reply, how would i view it on a browser on a different network also how would i view it in the ivms-4200 desktop client?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, how would i view it on a browser on a different network also how would i view it in the ivms-4200 desktop client?
You have to forward the http port of the NVR or connect to your network via a VPN.

faxe2110

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, i have tried to figure out how i can run a OpenVPN to my Cam which is not located at my home. At the cam side, the WAN IP i get from the provider is not the same as shown in my router. My provider is running the old CDMA2000 teknik. It is working well and it also have a cheap price.
BUT! it seems that the provider share the WAN IP between different routers/user. So portforward or a OPENVPN server on cam side is difficult/not useable (I do not know how) because i can't reach the server/cam via the WAN IP.
So if the community have a idee i will pick it up and give it a try.