How to reset NVR pw and NVMS7000, remote connection failed

Sophia

n3wb
Reaction score
I have home security setup with cameras and DVR. There is a monitor directly connected to DVR showing the cameras, all are on and working. We had a new internet router was replaced with spectrum last week and then I have not been able to stream the live video using the NVMS7000 remote connection via computer/iphone/ipad. Wifi works. Even I restarted the router still wont work, tried to ask help from my IT guy, he is going to bill me $120 every time for the issue fixed. He wont give out the admin and password, is there any way to reset the password? Please HELP! many thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have home security setup with cameras and DVR. There is a monitor directly connected to DVR showing the cameras, all are on and working. We had a new internet router was replaced with spectrum last week and then I have not been able to stream the live video using the NVMS7000 remote connection via computer/iphone/ipad. Wifi works. Even I restarted the router still wont work, tried to ask help from my IT guy, he is going to bill me $120 every time for the issue fixed. He wont give out the admin and password, is there any way to reset the password? Please HELP! many thanks!
Have you gone back through the NVMS7000 setup as you did when you first got it? If not, delete the previous configuration and go thru setup again.

If no joy, it's likely your WAN IP changed and/or the new router doesn't have the ports forwarded as it was in the previous router.

If this is a Spectrum modem/router combo (likely), and it's on YOUR property and YOU are paying the bill, I would call Spectrum, ask for a supervisor, tell them the guy was being a dick and you want the username and password to YOUR modem/router that YOU are paying for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you gone back through the NVMS7000 setup as you did when you first got it? If not, delete the previous configuration and go thru setup again.

If no joy, it's likely your WAN IP changed and/or the new router doesn't have the ports forwarded as it was in the previous router.

If this is a Spectrum modem/router combo (likely), and it's on YOUR property and YOU are paying the bill, I would call Spectrum, ask for a supervisor, tell them the guy was being a dick and you want the username and password to YOUR modem/router that YOU are paying for.
I think the issue is that the IT guy it's not providing the password for the NVR.

Sophia

n3wb
Reaction score

The IT guy is not giving me the Pw for the NVR, so he can come out to fix the issue for me and bill me. so now I want to reset the password to see if I can bring the NVR back online or not.

Sophia

n3wb
Reaction score
I think the issue is that the IT guy it's not providing the password for the NVR.
Yes, the IT guy want to make $$ so he is not giving me the password. So I am trying to restore to default password but I dont have the secure code, only the system date was provided.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The IT guy is not giving me the Pw for the NVR, so he can come out to fix the issue for me and bill me. so now I want to reset the password to see if I can bring the NVR back online or not.
When someone installs a device for you they must provide the user name and password. Here is what you do.
1) try this reset tool. It might work depending on the firmware you have. Hikvision Password Reset Tool
2) contact LTS directly. They will be able to help you reset it. @LTS_Chris might be able to help here
3) email the installer right now, tell him that you will post his name and the name of his company here if he does not provide the login info within 12 hours.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I understand now, @Sophia ...I was posting an answer when you edited your initial post which, if I'm not mistaken, clarified your issue regarding the NVR. :cool:

Sophia

n3wb
Reaction score
When someone installs a device for you they must provide the user name and password. Here is what you do.
1) try this reset tool. It might work depending on the firmware you have. Hikvision Password Reset Tool
2) contact LTS directly. They will be able to help you reset it. @LTS_Chris might be able to help here
3) email the installer right now, tell him that you will post his name and the name of his company here if he does not provide the login info within 12 hours.
I tried Hikvision Password reset tool, but my camera only shown system date, no serial number

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When someone installs a device for you they must provide the user name and password. ......
Amen to that. :headbang:

Sophia

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand now, @Sophia ...I was posting an answer when you edited your initial post which, if I'm not mistaken, clarified your issue regarding the NVR. :cool:
First it was my phone unable to view the cams, so i thought was the iphone remote issue, but when I looking for help on other posts, and i realized is the NVR password and connection issue.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First it was my phone unable to view the cams, so i thought was the iphone remote issue, but when I looking for help on other posts, and i realized is the NVR password and connection issue.
From your first post I got the idea that you could no longer access the NVR remotely after Spectrum replaced the router but you could access it locally when on Wi-Fi. That's why I thought it was the router being replaced is what caused the issue with remote access (different WAN IP, no port(s) forwarded in new router).

Sophia

n3wb
Reaction score
From your first post I got the idea that you could no longer access the NVR remotely after Spectrum replaced the router but you could access it locally when on Wi-Fi. That's why I thought it was the router being replaced is what caused the issue with remote access (different WAN IP, no port(s) forwarded in new router).
Yes, you are right!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No respond from LTS after 16 Hours. :(
Call them.
Did you let your it guy I know that you will be posting his info here? You need to play hardball with these scammers. Let him know that you will post his info and it will be the first Google result when someone looks him up.

Sophia

n3wb
Reaction score
After I spoke with the Tech guy from LTS named Lucas, he said they cant do anything because they only deal with sale guys or tech, not customer like me, very sad and disappointed. In the other hand I text and called the installed guy, he said he still going to bill me for providing me the login info., then after he ignored my calls and text, he blocked me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After I spoke with the Tech guy from LTS named Lucas, he said they cant do anything because they only deal with sale guys or tech, not customer like me, very sad and disappointed. In the other hand I text and called the installed guy, he said he still going to bill me for providing me the login info., then after he ignored my calls and text, he blocked me.
Please post the info of the install guy here. You need to shame him into compliance. Now you need to sue him in your local small claims court. It doesn't sound like he's licensed. I'm going to try to get somebody from LTS to help you. Send me a private message with your email address.