How to resolve forgotten device password of Hikvision Q1 NETWORK PT CAMERA

Reaction score
IMG_20180623_213220

Figure1 :- Hikvision Q1 NETWORK PT CAMERA

I wanted to add my Hikvision Q1 NETWORK PT camera to Zoneminder .In Order to get RTSP stream we need the device username and password of the camera. Therefore I have gone through the user manual of the camera for searching the default device password .But the device password was not given in the brochure given with the camera. Then I had to export xml file with the SADP tool and send it to the Hikvision support center in Bangladesh to get the key to reset the password. The Hikvision support center has sent keys several times but failed to reset the device password using the SADP tool.Then I have asked them whether there is a default password of the above camera. But they informed me that there is no default password.

Then I have searched the internet for the default password of Hikvision Q1 NETWORK PT CAMERA and finally found a comment made by a gentleman called marku2 in a blog ipcamtalk that gave a clue for the default device password of the camera.

The default username and default password of Hikvision Q1 NETWORK PT CAMERA are as follows.

Default username – admin

Default password – admin(verification code on camera sticker
)

Note:- You will have to enter the verification code just after “admin” without ( )

IMG_20180926_111521new.jpg

Figure 2 :- The verification code is circled with red .

The procedure I have used has following steps

1 . The camera is set to factory reset by pressing the reset button about 5 seconds .

(When you rotate the camera to the fully upward position , you can see a small door on the front face of the camera . You can open the door with a small pin . After opening the door you will be able to see a small grove for the SD card .To the right of the grove you can see the small reset button.)

Note:- Be careful to insert the SD card facing the metal pins in upward position in to the grove

Once the the camera is set to factory reset, the device username and password automatically set in to default values.

2. Now you will have to use Hikvision ivms4200 software to change the default password.

Screenshot from 2018-09-26 22-08-14

Figure 3 :-Control Panel of ivms4200

Press the device management button and add the camera.

Screenshot from 2018-09-27 00-03-07

Figure 4 :-entering the IP address and Default username and password

Screenshot from 2018-09-26 22-08-46

Screenshot from 2018-09-26 22-09-06

Figure 5 :-Changing the default password using user button and modify button

Screenshot from 2018-09-26 22-09-36

Figure 6:- Changing the device password

Changing the default password was successful. Then the camera was added to the Zoneminder monitor using the changed password .

Screenshot from 2018-09-27 00-19-33

Figure 7:- Zoneminder view of the camera monitor

Reference :-

How to install Hikvision camera Software (SADP tools & ivms4200 linux) on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)

How to install ivms4200-linux docker image on Ubuntu 19.10 (eoan)

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This might not apply in your case, but when submitted password reset .xml to Hikvision support, ensure the camera is not restarted before receiving the reply. Reset will fail if the camera reboots in the time waiting for the response.