How to secure Dahua Turret Camera dome body from adjustable

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I just bought a Dahua Turret Camera DH-IPC-HDW44A1EN for testing and evaluation. The dome body (camera ball) are made of metal but I was disappointed with the Dome enclosure and the Dome pedestal made of plastic. It take some practice to disassemble the Dome pedestal from the Dome enclosure and not breaking the plastic.

My questions to the expert here is how to secure and fix the Dome body position so that once it is installed, it is not adjustable by anyone? I heard the HikVision Turret has some screw to secure the Dome Body and fixed a position but I do not see how to do this with the Dahua Turret camera.

Your advice, suggestions, recommendations and sharing of your experience are very much appreciated.

Thanks

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. If someone is going to screw with your cameras, adjusting them a little is the least of your worries in a home environment. If it's a high traffic street or retail situation where they're within easy touching distance then you might prefer vandalproof bubble domes, particularly indoors or where sheltered.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my starlight turret has a set screw, but its all metal..

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
All metal ones are fixed, but has a screw, IPC-HDW4421E-AS this one can adjust easily as i know.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
The short answer is you are NOT going to be able to shore those cams down from somebody moving it on you. I have installed a bunch of their cousins of the eyeball type. Nobody has messed with them yet and if they did they would be on video unless they got a ladder and went behind it. In my case the cams around the next corner would have caught them with the ladder. What was your plan for installing them?

ipcamgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
On some of the location that I plan to install is about 10 feet high. With multiple cameras that I plan to install, it is very high chance that some cameras may be able to see other camera locations.. so yes, if someone would be messing with the cameras, some other camera would have caught them.