How to set static ip on vstarcam C7837WIP?

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This cam seems to have nice easy Android app to set it up, but no web admin interface and no way to configure (or even view) the IP address from the Android app. Does anyone know how to set a static IP address for it?

I've tried using the Eye4 camera finder application (Windows 10), and selecting the static IP option. When I click "Apply" I am prompted to enter an Admin password, which I do, but nothing gets applied - the settings remain as they were before.

Does anyone know to configure this?

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know the specifics of your camera but if the camera is a recent IP cam it may be Onvif compliant. Assuming it is visible on your LAN, you should be able to use the Onvif Device Manager to set up the network and possibly a few other settings.

Try the Tinycam free Android app. If it can find your cam then the ODM Windows app may help you. There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum with a link to ODM.

As a precaution I always set the DNS as 0.0.0.0 and gateway to the camera as the cams IP so it can't find a way out to the wild. The downside is that it blocks the cameras access to an NTP server and time updating.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried the Onvif Device Manager. It detected the camera, but couldn't do much with it. I couldn't view the video stream, and when I tried to change the IP address in Network Settings I got: "The MTU value is invalid"

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried the Onvif Device Manager. It detected the camera, but couldn't do much with it. I couldn't view the video stream, and when I tried to change the IP address in Network Settings I got: "The MTU value is invalid"
Can you define a DHCP-assigned IP address in your router, based on the camera's MAC address? Third-party firmware like DD-WRT and Merlin typically provide this functionality.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I can probably get the router to reserve an IP address, but the camera seems to randomly assign a different port number for access every time it reboots (presumably a security measure), so stabilising the IP address is only half the problem!

Robert Man

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to make a Fixed IP adress.. Always after disconnecting I become anothter IP nr..