How to 'show hidden cameras' (BI 5.6.0.6)

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
there used to be an option in the console (and docs still refer to it) , to right click and select 'show hidden cameras', but i can no longer find that. (Same for 'hide disabled cams, btw. the entire right click menu seems shorter than it used to be?) i made a cam hidden and can no longer find it that way. the only way tos ee it is to bring up the status/cameras list, click on it there to bring up it's config page and uncheck the 'hidden' property. went back to 5.5.9.6 and same issue, not not new to 5.6. what am i doing wrong and why did it let me?... :) TIA. Paul

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you click on the edit beside the camera group? I think you can see them at this point so you can edit them.

anotherone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
click the edit button (next to the setting gear on the right side) and then right click in the setting screen (green area).

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have lot of Disabled Cameras that I frequently access and the change that was made to have to click the EDIT button then right click is a pain since after I enable the camera I must re click the EDIT button, re click EDIT again to hide the disabled then re click again to exit EDIT mode.. I liked it the old way. I was excited about sebastiantombs idea for creating a group but it didn't work out.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm on v5.4.7.11 from 6/11/21 and a right-click on the console where the cams are displayed live brings up a lengthy context menu which includes "Hide disabled cameras" and "Show hidden cameras"....and they work properly. :idk:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
this is still a pain (now on 5.6.2.3) . the docs still say "You may mark a camera as Hidden, however it may still be visible in the main window UI
with a right-click menu option to Show hidden cameras." but there is no such option. I should not have to 'edit a camera just to see it's feed...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
this is still a pain (now on 5.6.2.3) . the docs still say "You may mark a camera as Hidden, however it may still be visible in the main window UI
with a right-click menu option to Show hidden cameras." but there is no such option. I should not have to 'edit a camera just to see it's feed...
Email support..

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah. just checking here first so as not to waste his time in case i was missing something... thanx.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Aha! found the 'show hidden cameras' and 'hide disabled cameras' options in the right-click menu available after clicking the layout edit button (in green background mode.) I knew it had to be somewhere...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha! found the 'show hidden cameras' and 'hide disabled cameras' options in the right-click menu available after clicking the layout edit button (in green background mode.) I knew it had to be somewhere...
Its always been there since he removed it from the standard right click, but that is also a multi step process.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
great. i figured the must be a way. i just hadn't found it till now, despite asking here earlier and again just now. sorry to waste your time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
great. i figured the must be a way. i just hadn't found it till now, despite asking here earlier and again just now. sorry to waste your time.
The solution you posted was provided in posts 2, 4, and 5. Asking the question again implied you wanted it to revert to the old way - which is in fact faster and more intuitive.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
"The solution you posted was provided in posts 2, 4, and 5. " now that i've found it, i understand what those posts meant, but i hadn't made sense of it till now. no wonder my kids call me 'boomer'... :)