How to tell/force BI to use Onvif/rstp - Both listed?

bignose2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I must be missing something obvious, Is there a ways to see or force the video source to be either rtsp 554 or onvif 8999. I had to find protocols & it lists both in the boxes on the right. I am not sure what it is using?

I have a lefek camera that is messing about, If you disconnect streaming at anytime after between 10 minutes & several hours it won't allow re-connect (up to this point you can reconnect fine). Can view throughout with browser control & if the stream is not broken, it seem to hold even if the other forms of view won't reconnect (barring the www which works always). BI is actually best at holding the stream.
VLC (Vlan) on 554 seems to disconnect by itself sometimes & then won't reconnect if the camera has failed i.e. while camera a OK it will reconnect.
My android app's do the same, won't reconnect & sometimes drop by themselves.
I only mention in case someone has any ideas, I am in contact with support & suspect firmware (is new, can use older)
A camera restart & it works fine again for 10min to several hours. I guess a bug but tryign to get round & wondered if just at some point if different users are trying to access using different protols it just breaks. This would have to be some set of circumstances anyway as does work mostly with several viewers on at once.

However I am just trying to see if using two different types rstp on 554 & onvif 8999 at same time or overlapping has anything to do with it but don't know what BI is using.

I have my android app on 8999. I will leave VLC off at moment but seems that can only use 554 anway.
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" rtsp://user:passsword@192.168.2.93:554/1/h264major

THanks I/a

bignose2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply,

LEFTEK PoE PTZ IP Camera Mini 1080P 3X Zoom 2.8-8mm 20M IR Distance CCTV Security Camera Outdoor IP67 Weatherproof High Speed IP PTZ Camera
Found on amazon, funnily enough I use to have some Loftek. Have another, slightly older firmware & model, works perfectly

I do use the following that works well but as I say I don't know if it is using the Onvif 8999 or the 554 below.
As you pointed out I could force the rtsp:// on 554 but, can I do the same for Onvif?
I would actually prefer to just know it is on the onvif 8999. It seems that this is preferred on my other viewers.

It is not a BI problem but the camera's just trying a few things. I wondered if BI was using 554 and just not playing nice with my other viewers on 8999.
I am 99% sure BI is on Onvif 8999 as the stream is in fact the most reliable and the 554 on other views little flacky.
Something is causing this camera to stop the stream after some minutes or hours (been fine now for 4 hours so really hard to test) but once it fails, those still connected seem to be able to continue to stream OK but my Android App on wifi that I switch on & off or perhaps get momentary disconnect, won't reconnect at all. But like now it is working I can turn on & off as many times as I want & it connects fine. Thinking out loud as that part not related to BI.

upload_2018-1-21_14-18-44.png

bignose2

n3wb
Reaction score
These above are exactly the the results of the find/inspect.
I don't know how you interpret which protocol it is using
Don't worry, I am not sure how much it will help, clutching at straws to try understand what is connecting to the camera.
thanks again.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These above are exactly the the results of the find/inspect.
I don't know how you interpret which protocol it is using
Don't worry, I am not sure how much it will help, clutching at straws to try understand what is connecting to the camera.
thanks again.
Is it possible something in the cam on 'Video' or 'Stream(s)' that needs enabling or configuring?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is your cable a known good factory made cable?

Is the cam isolated from reaching the internet?
Upnp turned off in router and cam?

If not cam could be getting hammered from the internet or its already been hacked and has an attack bot running on it.