How to use ATT MIFI with BI ...(limited IP devices)

Reaction score
I am using my ATT MIFI at a remote lodge but I am running into a hard limit of 8 IP devices supported and since I already have thermostats and other IOTs I am wondering how I could include BI and 4 IP cameras (wifi too) ...computer has both wifi and wired ethernet and could probably "route" between a router with cameras and the MIFI?

Seems like I would want to put a wifi router/repeater in between Mifi and all these devices so as to have greater number of IP devices.

Any help appreciated but from reading other forums it might not be easy.

Seems like a router with a Cellular connection and no limits on IP would be a great product! Especially with 5G and being able to get rid of DSL plans.

Last edited:

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using my ATT MIFI at a remote lodge but I am running into a hard limit of 8 IP devices supported and since I already have thermostats and other IOTs I am wondering how I could include BI and 4 IP cameras (wifi too) ...computer has both wifi and wired ethernet.

Seems like I would want to put a wifi router/repeater in between Mifi and all these devices so has to have greater number of IP devices.

Any help appreciated but from reading other forums it might not be easy.
What kind of mifi is it?
You can get a glinet mini router. And usb tether the mifi.

Then to access the bi remotely u i use airvpn on my bi box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
thanks!

AT&T Velocity (MF923)

From the tutorial it seems I can tether to my computer for sure...will pass by ATT to make sure and look at mini router you mentioned.

At 10/month this saves me tons of money over a flakey DSL I have as an option

Reaction score
I ordered the netgear LB1120 LTE Modem instead...have not received it yet but I will just take the simm card from Mifi device and this way will not have to
bother with tethering via USB.

will just hook it up to my existing router.