Howdy from SW Florida

mudmarine

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a semi-savvy prosumer who has been asked by a friend to help secure a small warehouse space. Some expensive chemical buckets stored there have gone missing and it needs to stop.

Who is the best person to get in contact with to buy a couple of cameras to cover a couple of large bay doors?

The owner wants to be able to identify (in a legal sense) someone from 42 feet away. I think this means I need PPF approaching 100 for this distance. I have been looking at the Dahua and Hik cameras, specifically the varifocal versions. (HDW5831R-ZE)

The shop space is also getting internal motion activated lights so any motion captured by the cameras should be well lit.

Last edited:

mudmarine

n3wb
Reaction score
Below is a simple diagram of the space. I envision placing the two cameras on the corner of the built in office. They would be 10 feet off the floor.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you haven't, study this: cliff notes.
First, if this is happening after hours, you need an alarm system.
Motion lights can be a detriment at times. When the lights come on, it takes a second or two for the cam to adjust, that could be the only time you could make an ID.
Put up an additional IR illumination instead.
Don't mount the cams higher than 8ft if you can avoid it if you expect to get id's.

This cam will serve you well.
Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE