Howdy from Tulsa

Darid

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey y'all, So my wife and I have been looking at getting a surveillance system at our house, and after researching many of the big box store kits *ie: wasted a lot of time* I ended up here.

Here's what I am looking to start with and a few questions that I have about them....

NVR: Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2
Does this NVR have a "app" that allows me to view the recordings from my phone/tablet?
Does it have the ability to send notifications to my phone if I install a motion sensor?
If no to the above, is there a 3rd party program I can use to do such a thing?

Cameras: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) X 4 or 5 to start with, I seen Nayr's review and it seems this camera is pretty darn good for the money.

My only other issue is I don't have much of a overhang on my house, so mounting the camera on the eves will be difficult/impossible, is there a way to mount them on a small pedestal or something like a bullet mount?

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Congratulations on getting your video surveillance system.

Yes it supports remote view and you will be able to access live streaming & recording. Dahua's App is called :

IDMSS : for Iphone
GDMSS : Android Smartphones
WDMSS : Windows phone (if they still exist) :p
BDMSS : Blackberry devices

You can download these apps for free from Appstore.

Actually it does support notifications sent to users via email when correctly configured. Accuracy will depend on sensitivity & area being covered per camera.

As far as choosen cameras are concerned, Don't worry you're investing into right product.

As far as mounting postion is concerned, posting a picture of locations where you want to put cameras would be a great help in order to give you best advice.

Darid

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Shaoib, I have not ordered yet but I am pretty sure those are what I will start with. It may require some custom mounts but I think that will be a fun and interesting problem to solve.

Sorry for the quality of pictures, gloomy day and I am sick so this is the best I can do for now...

The gutter sits a couple inches lower so depending on how big the turret is I may have to buy/build something to get it far enough below the gutter.
20170227_171446.jpg

I figure if all else fails I'll just make a custom mount so I don't drill holes in the stone. 20170227_171338.jpg 20170227_171519.jpg

Last edited: