Howdy!

GTEyes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Recently have been having some issues with our setup which has an NVR and IP Cameras. My internet searches have kept pointing me to this site so I am joining and checking the threads out.
Looking forward to having conversations and learning how to manage this camera system!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey there, Welcome, thats how it starts...Some frustrated owner of an NVR searches Google for an issue.
24 Months later they're running 2 BI systems, 3 NVR's 30 Cameras and have no money for Christmas.....:banghead:
Well ok AND they learn how to tune their systems and participate in giving hope to the new folks.

GTEyes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there, Welcome, thats how it starts...Some frustrated owner of an NVR searches Google for an issue.
24 Months later they're running 2 BI systems, 3 NVR's 30 Cameras and have no money for Christmas.....:banghead:
Well ok AND they learn how to tune their systems and participate in giving hope to the new folks.
Ha! Well, joining already helped me solve the issue I was having.

We've recently changed internet providers and their router uses a different IP then the previous so it through everything off.
I changed the IP to match the previous router's and things are working again.

It may sound simple but for someone who knew nothing about the system, it took me awhile to get to that point. haha.

Here is my setup

1 NVR
12 cameras, 6 on house directly connected to NVR, 6 via PoE switch out in the garage which is connected via a single cat6 cable into the router in the house.
I've also set the system up to be accessed with my phone using DMSS app. I have the NVR hooked up to my TV via HDMI so I can work on it directly when tinkering.

The system was originally installed by our Electrician and I've been slowly learning how it works since then. I think we've had it for 5 or 6 years now.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We've recently changed internet providers and their router uses a different IP then the previous so it through everything off.
I changed the IP to match the previous router's and things are working again.
Good for you!
I gotta say...you've showed me that you're ahead technically of over 90% of the noobs that come on here with the exact issue! :headbang:

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! My LaView NVR would do that! It would start beeping about every 10 minutes from time to time. I could hear it in the basement. I could not find anything in the logs or any settings that seemed 'off'.
I would reboot, etc. Eventually it would 'self fix'.
I forgot all about that. I moved to BI about 2 years ago and never looked back to the 4 years with that crazy paperweight of an NVR.