HP Elitebook 8470P Webcam

dicklaw88

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have blue iris running on my HP laptop. I have it recording 1 IP camera, but would also like it to record the build in HP webcam. I have it added as a USB, Firewire, or analog camera, but it gives me the follwing error in Blue Iris: Error: 80004005 () 1006. Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have blue iris running on my HP laptop. I have it recording 1 IP camera, but would also like it to record the build in HP webcam. I have it added as a USB, Firewire, or analog camera, but it gives me the follwing error in Blue Iris: Error: 80004005 () 1006. Any ideas?
Welcome to the forum...try selecting one of the ntsc options in the video standard setting instead of default.

kelkin

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue, I'm trying to use a Logitech C615 HD Webcam since I have maintenance coming into my apartment tomorrow and wanted to have it running and recording while they're here since I can't be home.. but even though I can view video through the OEM and third party apps, BI won't display video and only provides "Error: 8004005 (1) 1066"... It's driving me crazy... and I tried the NTSC options.. didn't work.

kelkin

n3wb
Reaction score
So it winds up after I posed this, I was able to get rid of the error by disabling Audio which is not desired as I'd like it recorded... but for some reason BI doesn't like having audio enabled on this camera.

Reaction score
Using three Microsoft USB LifeCams I found I also needed to disable the audio. Interestingly, the behavior wasn't entirely consistent. Turning off the audio didn't initially work until I changed the video standard to something other than default - though changing it BACK to default seemed to keep the issue solved (audio still had to be disabled). Seems like some settings might not be properly committing here. I received the same error above initially, but a couple others as well. ...I wonder if having the Microsoft Camera app running at the same time interfered with the testing.... maybe. In any case - no audio on any of the three cameras, regardless of video standard :(

PCX

n3wb
Reaction score
If you are trying to use your built in webcam on your computer, you may have to disable the audio on the webcam and then select the separate built in microphone to record Audio. If I was in front of my computer right now, I would be more descriptive, but the option is right under the option to disable the audio.

Fu510n

n3wb
Reaction score
Audio -> Other DirectShow device (instead of the default "This DirectShow camera").

As I happen to have a headset with a separate mike along with an old Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 that I was trying to use with BI (and got the same error mentioned above), once I manually specified the QuickCam Pro 9000 for audio, it worked fine.