HP Pavillion onboard camera

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to catch suspicious activity in her office and I mentioned she may be able to use the camera embedded within the monitor of her HP computer. I don't know the software that came with the PC for the camera and thus, uncertain if it's capable of doing what we need, therefore, I'm reaching out with suggestions how to use that camera to capture what is astir within the area. I prefer motion activation if possible and saving files to the hard drive. Any help appreciated.

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to catch suspicious activity in her office and I mentioned she may be able to use the camera embedded within the monitor of her HP computer. I don't know the software that came with the PC for the camera and thus, uncertain if it's capable of doing what we need, therefore, I'm reaching out with suggestions how to use that camera to capture what is astir within the area. I prefer motion activation if possible and saving files to the hard drive. Any help appreciated.

Thank you
if she runs blue iris on that pc she can use the monitor camera as a usb cam...most of them suck pretty badly though.