HSDB2 only intermittently calls phone app and no bell

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one of these hooked up to my regular ringer. I get video, etc. When I push the button the bell won't ring and it will only call my cell phone once in 4 attempts. Is there something that needs to be done in order for this to work?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but I was referring to the actual HW chime I have installed. The button works. I didn't see anything there about the software not working right.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BY that I mean that the physical chime that I have installed in the house isn't working.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BY that I mean that the physical chime that I have installed in the house isn't working.
If it is a mechanical chime you have to pick it in your App upon install, also make sure you have the power kit installed.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it is a mechanical chime you have to pick it in your App upon install, also make sure you have the power kit installed.
In the app? Ok. I couldn't find it in the laview one app. I'll check again. What about the problem of it not always starting up on my phone when somebody presses the button? It's set to mechanical already but not working as far as I can tell.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the app? Ok. I couldn't find it in the laview one app. I'll check again. What about the problem of it not always starting up on my phone when somebody presses the button?
Several possibilities, how good is your cell connection? Doorbell WiFi connection? These play a part, also we have noticed the Cloud sometimes cause the issues. I have had my DB for over two years, my guess would be the button call to both my phone and my wife's works about 80% of the time. One time in particular our Cell Carrier was working on their towers for a few months, during that time we almost never got the call from the DB button pushed. When working the button to call is about a 5 second delay. A motion (PIR) detection is about 1 second though...to get the phone notification.

Some have used Guarding Vision App to set their chime, fyi.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had a different HikVision doorbell installed previously, and it rang. I do have the little white box installed. Should I remove it or check it somehow?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a different HikVision doorbell installed previously, and it rang. I do have the little white box installed. Should I remove it or check it somehow?
We have a few writeups on the Chime problem in our 101:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill, TechBill - misally (If you suspect your Power Kit is the reason your Chime is not working, here is a Power Kit replacement thanks to hibby50 )

The Power Kit is needed to regulate the power from the Smart Doorbell to the Chime, it needs to stay in place...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered one of those kits. Hopefully that will fix things. The chime worked great with the other Hik door bell. I tried going into the app and changing from mechanical to electronic and back but that didn't work.

kruuth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. Wanted to give an update. Replaced the doorbell power kit and it rings correctly now. Is there a guide to getting this doorbell to notify through an echo dot or something? I have it connected via the laview skill in alexa but it doesn't show devices or anything like that.