HTTP Access only

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the ip cams world. I'm sorry if this request sounds weird :) Feel free to enlighten me if I'm saying some really stupid :p

I'm looking for an internal wireless IP Cam that can only be accessible through only through HTTP. Most of the cameras I saw need a software, installed in windows/android/iphone to configure and access the feed. I dont want anything of that :)

I prefer to connect directly to the cam IP and have a simple webpage showing the feed, instead of connecting through some weird software that i dont even know where the servers are.

So my needs are http access only (or the possibility to block all other kinds of access protocols), day/night, and without sound (or the possibility to turn that off).

The idea is to have the camera filming my aquarium and I can access the live feed from the internal network only.

Thanks in advance,
AM

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the cameras I saw need a software, installed in windows/android/iphone to configure and access the feed.
instead of connecting through some weird software that i dont even know where the servers are.
The 'plug-ins' that are used to render video in a browser do not depend on any external servers, they are simply browser helpers.

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm talking about p2p (I think) cameras that need registering to access the image (ex sricam and alike).

Thanks,
AM

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm talking about p2p (I think) cameras that need registering to access the image
That would be for remote access via the internet as opposed to the local access, which generally, even for the likes of Hikvision, still requires a plug-in for the browser to render video via an HTTP access.

Reaction score
Ok thank you. Can you advise some brands/models that are only for http access? I don't need anything fancy :)

Thanks