Huisun v1/v2 not working, not even visible in SADP after using "enable DHCP" checkbox

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT: Fixed! See below.

Today I updated the firmware in my LTS/Hik NVR, after which I had connection problems with my 2 Huisin PTZs. I have a v1 and a v2.

I plugged a laptop into a spare port on the back of the NVR and fired up SADP. It saw the 2 cameras, but they had an unexpected IP: 192.168.254.x. I had expected them to be on 192.168.188.x like the rest of the cameras. OK, whatever. All this stuff is quirky, and Huisun more than most.

I used the "enable DHCP" checkbox in SADP, which reported success for each camera. I figured this would get the cameras talking with the NVR again.

Now is when the news gets really bad. The cameras disappeared from SADP, my laptop can't see them via arp -a, and if I power-cycle the cameras, they don't move any more. Even the Huisun SADP-like tool can't see the cameras.

Any ideas or did I just create two expensive doorstops? No power-on motion seems reallllly bad!

Last edited by a moderator:

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Huisun v1/v2 not working, not even visible in SADP after using "enable DHCP" chec

Try port injector to match the ip of the nvr don't turn on dhcp

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Huisun v1/v2 not working, not even visible in SADP after using "enable DHCP" chec

Camera are not dead they just can't communicate with nvr most likely

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Jack replied to my question and suggested attaching the cameras to a router with DHCP enabled. I thought the NVR used DHCP, but I guess it uses the camera admin login to set a fixed IP, doesn't it? Maybe SADP and arp won't see a camera with a self-assigned IP, so if it's set to DHCP and there's no DHPC server...

I won't be able to try that without getting on a ladder and dismounting the cameras or getting a POE injector. Off to Amazon I guess.

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Yes usually your nvr camera if you have 4 channel or 8 it start with 192.168.254.1 the. 2 then 3 then 4

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Yes usually your nvr camera if you have 4 channel or 8 it start with 192.168.254.1 the. 2 then 3 then so on unless you change it to 192.169.188.....

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I just ordered a TP-LINK POE injector, so the next test is Monday night. I'll report back, thanks for the help!

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

My cameras are working again! Jack at AliExpress had told me to hook them up to a router with DHCP. I got the POE injector required for that tonight. On my LAN the cameras picked up an IP address, did the self-test, and let me log in as usual.

My mistakes were these:

1. Assuming that the lack of self-test motion was an indicator of a fatal problem.
2. Assuming that a device which is invisible to SADP (and similar tools, like arp) has a dead network stack
3. Believing that my NVR ran a DHCP service

Whew!

Unfortunately now I don't have an excuse to get the 20x PTZ. :)