I believe my Hikvision may be hacked. Using BlueIris

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
I disabled port-fowarding. Disabled UPnP. Um. It looked like it worked for awhile but now I just received a

Error: 800000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0 on Blue Irsis Program which is due to a password change on the camera itself. I always have to use the Hikvision camera admin password reset tool to gain back access and repeat this stupid cycle every 1-2 weeks.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I disabled port-fowarding. Disabled UPnP. Um. It looked like it worked for awhile but now I just received a

Error: 800000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0 on Blue Irsis Program which is due to a password change on the camera itself. I always have to use the Hikvision camera admin password reset tool to gain back access and repeat this stupid cycle every 1-2 weeks.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.
The cameras could not be hacked if you actually disable port forwarding or upnp. Check again.

Jayh

n3wb
Reaction score
The cameras could not be hacked if you actually disable port forwarding or upnp. Check again.
Strange... Port forwarding was enabled..and I just regained access to my camera which had upnp enabled.

Thanks. Hopefully this doesn't change.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange... Port forwarding was enabled..and I just regained access to my camera which had upnp enabled.

Thanks. Hopefully this doesn't change.
disable port forwarding. disable upnp both on the camera and on the router.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
and restart your router after disabling UPNP to make sure previously opened ports are closed.