I can't post due to that CAPTCHA is not working

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wrote a long post about how I set up a local web service API that will detect all kind of objects in an image. However a pesky CAPTCHA verification comes up in my browser. (Due to that I wrote a lot of text i suppose) It's garbled and I can't complete it. In some browsers that I've tried on my Ubuntu 18.04 desktop I can complete it but I can't continue.

Anyway, dear admins, If You'd like me to post on the forums, please disable CAPTCHA for me or at least make sure that it's working on all platforms/browsers.

Thanks

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
The captcha is from Cloudflare and I cant really do much about it unless you have a dedicated IP address. Can you please post a screenshot of how it's garbled?

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, when writing a long, complex posting, I sometimes write it using a text editor program so that when a site glitch eats my post, I have a backup copy that I can copy and paste again for another try!

It is frustrating to have a detailed post go to data heaven.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, when writing a long, complex posting, I sometimes write it using a text editor program so that when a site glitch eats my post, I have a backup copy that I can copy and paste again for another try!

It is frustrating to have a detailed post go to data heaven.
I do that too, man....after some bad experiences in the past.

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The captcha is from Cloudflare and I cant really do much about it unless you have a dedicated IP address. Can you please post a screenshot of how it's garbled?
First the garbled CAPTCHA dialogue: (Before it was no checkbox, now there is one)

If I check the box I get redirected to this:

Buttan Butt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll give it another try today. I will leave out the URLs in my post and maybe make it shorter in an attempt to avoid the CAPTCHA to show up.

Cheers!

EDIT: It worked by posting a short text. I could then alter the text without any CAPTCHA turning up.

BTW, here is what the CAPTCHA check looked like initially. No checkbox, no whatsoever and very hard to complete...

Last edited: