I figured the app would be free to users

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Bummer. I just got BI running somewhat and wanted to go mobile to use my phone to help align my camera. $9.99 kind of has me considering if I want it. Can I use it on more than one device like both phones and my ipad? Or do I have to pay for each one?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bummer. I just got BI running somewhat and wanted to go mobile to use my phone to help align my camera. $9.99 kind of has me considering if I want it. Can I use it on more than one device like both phones and my ipad? Or do I have to pay for each one?
Like any other app, you can use it on as many devices as you wish as long as they have the same account.
10 is nothing for the app. Blue iris software is already priced extremely low for the functions it provides. The app is extremely useful and well worth the 10 dollars.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion, what some folks may not get is that when an app -- such as the BI app -- has an extremely limited user-base the cost is going to be a lot higher than an app with hundreds of thousands of users. And remember, Ken (the single BI developer) isn't Micropple...he's just one guy sweating away in his unheated garage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In my opinion, what some folks may not get is that when an app -- such as the BI app -- has an extremely limited user-base the cost is going to be a lot higher than an app with hundreds of thousands of users. And remember, Ken (the single BI developer) isn't Micropple...he's just one guy sweating away in his unheated garage.
Also, the android app is outsourced...not sure about the ios...

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its pretty useful. I just had an issue and couldnt connect to the server. Been fighting with it and finally figured out my first cam had somehow taken port 81 not 80. Kind of did it out of nowhere because I was at work and suddenly couldnt connect. I disabled the function as well in all cams configurations.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its pretty useful. I just had an issue and couldnt connect to the server. Been fighting with it and finally figured out my first cam had somehow taken port 81 not 80. Kind of did it out of nowhere because I was at work and suddenly couldnt connect. I disabled the function as well in all cams configurations.
You dont need to port forward your cameras if you are using the blue iris webserver...

Kentg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You dont need to port forward your cameras if you are using the blue iris webserver...
I actually figured it out and was looking for more info when I came accross a post you had made which linked to a HIKvision link about disabling that in the cameras. I tried to find the thread again but cant. All my cameras had it enabled and showed up in the setup in BI and I kept getting an error. I disabled it and it worked and then went back and did the other 2 cams in the advanced system config for each one. I have no idea how it happened with the cam 1.