I found a way to get Blue Iris to send push alerts in the event of a power failure

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's no point having a CCTV system if the crooks can just turn off your power. If you don't have a UPS I suggest getting one.

I have a Cyberpower OLS1500E, an online UPS that both provides battery backup and cleans the power to the Blue Iris Server. It came with power panel personal, which has an email alert system to notify you if the power fails or is switched off. I wasn't entirely happy with that as a method of alert so I went looking for an alternative that would interface with BI and send me a push message guaranteed to get my attention when the power failed.

I came across power panel business which allows you to run windows command (.CMD) files in response to events the UPS might encounter. I set a command file up with a http trigger for one of my cameras using curl. I then set up the camera to send a push alert when it was triggered externally, which notifies me that the power has been shut off. There is a delay of 20 seconds before the command file runs so that it only fires in genuine power out events.

i'm sure other UPS providers have something similar you could use to do the same.