I have an unusual problem with my dash cam

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's interfering with the nav system in my 05 Lexus. When the cam is powered, the nave goes off into never never land. Most of the time it shows me out in the woods not on any road. Once it showed me in Pasadena Ca and I'm on the east coast. I tried another cable and PSU but it didn't make any difference so I'm pretty sure the problem is with the camera itself. Anybody ever experience this?

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, but what I have experienced is that when I wired up my $80 dash cam from amazon, the 12 Volt line I routed around the windshield interferes with radio stations such that one station I listen to that has somewhat poor reception was made so poor I could no longer listen to it Unplug the dash cam, immediately the reception goes back to normal.

I still won't drive without a dash cam now. I think at the price they cost now it's foolish not to have one.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have heard of these kinds of problems due to the use of the cigarette lighter and the amps drawn from it. I would try just having the unit plugged in and the wire + unit sitting on the passenger seat and see if you are still getting the wrong GPS info.