I have install Dahua NVR and Hikvision Camera

Reaction score
NVR = Dahua NVR2108HS-8P-S2
Ip Camera = Hikvision-DS-2DE3304W-DE

I have connected these to my warehouse but the problem is we want access to Each IP camera directly but I can't access them because they are connected to NVR builtin switch and This NVR doesn't give me support for half of the features of my camera like motion detection and setting up alarms. How I can make my IP camera accessible remotely and which NVR can work best with them. I am thinking about Hikvision DS-7608NI-i2 ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That Hik NVR is a good machine and may give you better results from the Hik cam but it also has a built-in POE switch will place the cams on a different subnet than your LAN so it won't improve your desired ability to "...access each IP camera directly".

I could be wrong (I use Blue Iris, not a discrete NVR) but I was thinking either way (with the existing Dahua or the new Hik) since both NVR's are POE you could put a POE switch between the NVR's LAN port and the cams and have everything on the same subnet; you'd config each cam with a static IP and then config each cam in the NVR with that IP. Now each cam could be accessed via your LAN if that's absolutely a necessity.

Paging @alastairstevenson or @fenderman ...am I wrong?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The Hikvision solution for direct access to cameras on NVR POE ports is the 'Virtual Host' facility. This provides a NATed connection via the NVR to the cameras.

There have been a couple of posts suggesting that Dahua have now provided an equivalent facility - but obviously this is going to depend on the specific NVR and the version of firmware.
I could be wrong (I use Blue Iris, not a discrete NVR) but I was thinking either way (with the existing Dahua or the new Hik) since both NVR's are POE you could put a POE switch between the NVR's LAN port and the cams and have everything on the same subnet; you'd config each cam with a static IP and then config each cam in the NVR with that IP. Now each cam could be accessed via your LAN if that's absolutely a necessity.
@TonyR suggestion is a valid solution, if no Dahua NVR 'Virtual Host' is available, ie extending the LAN local to the NVR with a POE switch and hooking the camera(s) up to it with a LAN IP address.