I have recessed lights in soffits : where to position cameras?

2JZGTE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recessed led spot lights in the soffits and I'd like to position 4 cameras (one at each corner of a square house). To be able to have one camera view the other (to film someone trying to disable a camera), I'd have to place a camera right in front of a recessed light, which means it would be blinded by the light at night, and the night vision wouldn't even work.

The other option is to place the camera so that the recessed light is behind it, but that would mean it can't be seen by another one, because it would be around the corner.

What do you think? Any opinions?

Billkater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What kinda camera you gonna use? Some bullet or box cams have sunshades. I have the same problem with one of mine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
You can't cover a house completely and properly with 4 cameras so if 4 is your limit then fuggedaboudit. Stick one right by each door, cover your driveway, and then add cams to fill in coverage. Worry more about catching good ID quality video of people entering, leaving, and touching your vehicles. After that, then worry about people screwing with your cameras. Personally, I'd stick with turrets for most locations.