I love browsing the Dahua New Products pages

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
They do seem to have the pedal down on new products for the past year or so especially. Interesting they arent slowing down on the CVI stuff a bit either..

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
They do seem to have the pedal down on new products for the past year or so especially. Interesting they arent slowing down on the CVI stuff a bit either..
I can tell you here in upstate NY every new gas station or convenience store that gets build is using CVI for their systems. I chatted with one of the guys a while back who happened to be messing with the system and questioned him about the company's choice and he said they stay away from IP stuff per corporate because they are cheaper and less exposure to the Internet. He also told me that the system is watched or accessed by corporate over a VPN if there is a gas drive off or theft in the store. They were not using Dahua stuff but the market for that technology is still massive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can tell you here in upstate NY every new gas station or convenience store that gets build is using CVI for their systems. I chatted with one of the guys a while back who happened to be messing with the system and questioned him about the company's choice and he said they stay away from IP stuff per corporate because they are cheaper and less exposure to the Internet. He also told me that the system is watched or accessed by corporate over a VPN if there is a gas drive off or theft in the store. They were not using Dahua stuff but the market for that technology is still massive.
There is no less exposure to the internet using cvi vs ip. Its simply a cost cutting measure and allows them to use less skilled installers.

Francisco73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no less exposure to the internet using cvi vs ip. Its simply a cost cutting measure and allows them to use less skilled installers.
"to use less skilled installers."

Do I hear opportunity knocking?:)

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree with Fenderman 100% That guy was full of crap with " less exposure to the internet" crap. As soon as you plug in that cable, exposure is the same. What you do to limit exposure ( VPN, P2P) is what makes the difference. They hire average techs to do basic installs and be done.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with Fenderman 100% That guy was full of crap with " less exposure to the internet" crap. As soon as you plug in that cable, exposure is the same. What you do to limit exposure ( VPN, P2P) is what makes the difference. They hire average techs to do basic installs and be done.
I actually think hes is one of the companies electricians turned jack of all trades. So their you go.