I love the Wyze app, but hate everything else about it. Looking for a proper solution.

Bmr4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First let me say I already own a Lechange (Dahua) Poe NVR with some 4k bullet cams. Great stability with it being a wired setup. However, the NVR interface and the mobile apps suck (both Imou and gDMSS Plus).

The Wyze app is very sweet, quick, shows you what caused the motion event to trip, follows that item with a box. Cons are its wireless, only records 12 seconds plus an entire 5 minute cool down before recording again (when using cloud storage) the RTSP firmware sucks so it will not reliably work as an IP camera, they aren't really meant for outdoors, and the last resort is SD cards (sd can record 1 minute clips with no cool down in between) which would be stolen with the camera.

In a perfect world I would have
  • Poe cameras running through either an NVR or computer
  • An integrated mobile app that is as convenient and reliable as the Wyze app
  • The ability to upload motion events to my Google Drive

Does that exist?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First let me say I already own a Lechange (Dahua) Poe NVR with some 4k bullet cams. Great stability with it being a wired setup. However, the NVR interface and the mobile apps suck (both Imou and gDMSS Plus).

The Wyze app is very sweet, quick, shows you what caused the motion event to trip, follows that item with a box. Cons are its wireless, only records 12 seconds plus an entire 5 minute cool down before recording again (when using cloud storage) the RTSP firmware sucks so it will not reliably work as an IP camera, they aren't really meant for outdoors, and the last resort is SD cards (sd can record 1 minute clips with no cool down in between) which would be stolen with the camera.

In a perfect world I would have
  • Poe cameras running through either an NVR or computer
  • An integrated mobile app that is as convenient and reliable as the Wyze app
  • The ability to upload motion events to my Google Drive

Does that exist?
Hi bmr4life,

Not certain about the google drive part.. hopefully someone chimes in here who knows this better.

In terms of mobile app - try out tiny cam pro

In terms of computer based VMS - look at Dahua's SmartPSS for those Dahua OEM cameras, Blue Iris which needs a i5/i7 windows PC, and other VMS software that run on PCs ( Milestone for example )

Bmr4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hey may200

I have tinycam pro. My question about that is how would it integrate with the computer/nvr's motion capture?

I'd want tinycam to notify me that motion has been seen and then take me to the recording of the motion. (Which is what Wyze does).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hey may200

I have tinycam pro. My question about that is how would it integrate with the computer/nvr's motion capture?

I'd want tinycam to notify me that motion has been seen and then take me to the recording of the motion. (Which is what Wyze does).
Hi @Bmr4life

As my system is isolated from the internet I do not use it for alerts via the internet. So I have limited experience with some of the apps and much of what i know is from what others have shared that they like to use.

We do have a tiny cam section here which you may want to check out
tinyCam

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will Wyze cameras work with some sort of NVR software to record 24/7 to a home computer?
If so, any idea what NVR Windows based software options, (free or paid) out there would connect with and record from Wyze cameras?

Bmr4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just want to update this thread since I started it. I bought an HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF Core i7-6700 PC with SSD & 4TB purple drive off ebay. Works very well and is quiet. I just setup the blue iris notification where my email sends a text to my phone. It includes an image which then shows on up my watch very similar to the Wyze app. Only difference is I have to open the Blue Iris android app manually which is no big deal. So far I'm very happy with the setup.

Will Wyze cameras work with some sort of NVR software to record 24/7 to a home computer?
If so, any idea what NVR Windows based software options, (free or paid) out there would connect with and record from Wyze cameras?
Read up here. With RTSP firmware it works like any other IP camera, but not great.Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

Last edited: