I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Filipe, bp2000 always updates the main download from the first post in this thread. You can also search for and install Blue Iris Tools, which has a button to click which does it all for you. Very handy. ;)

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bp2000 doesn't sleep apparently and has been cranking out versions like crazy... lots of cool new features :) download again today.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... so here's an impossible request just to spin your brain @bp2000... now that we have multiple servers - is there a way we can pick and choose server groups from different servers and have it display on one page? For example: We have 7 servers (maybe 8 soon) for each of our buildings. Each one has an "outdoors" group with all our outdoor cameras. Is there a way to display all of these "outdoor" groups from all the servers on one page? I figured I'd ask now since it's fresh in your brain :)
It sounds like you are asking for a way to combine streams from multiple Blue Iris servers into one single interface, but it would be incredibly difficult to achieve this. Realistically, the best you can do is one of these 3 options:

1) Just open each server in a different browser window and arrange them however you.
2) Use iframes as described here, to show multiple ui2 pages in one browser window: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page?p=82428&viewfull=1#post82428
3) Feed group video streams from one Blue Iris server to another as described here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page?p=82430&viewfull=1#post82430

I know none of those are ideal, but what you are asking for is very complicated and not something with a clean and tidy solution.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
v0.12.4 - 2016-03-03
* In the server list dropdown, the "Manage Servers" button is now always available.
* The server name "Local Server" is now replaced with the name of your Blue Iris server as you configured it in Blue Iris.
* Clip thumbnail video previews are slightly more efficient with images that are taller than they are wide, and with images less than 80px wide or tall.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there any frob to disable the thumbnail video previews? While I can see how folks might like 'em, I'm just not a big fan
and they seem to cause initial load upon login to take substantially longer (or at least something in the latest versions is...)

also, are there supposed to be a focus +/- buttons in the PTZ control area? I don't have any...
Screenshot from 2016-03-03 09:31:46.png

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any frob to disable the thumbnail video previews? While I can see how folks might like 'em, I'm just not a big fan
and they seem to cause initial load upon login to take substantially longer (or at least something in the latest versions is...)

also, are there supposed to be a focus +/- buttons in the PTZ control area? I don't have any...
View attachment 8760
There is nothing to disable the thumbnail video previews (they do not affect loading time anyway). I am not sure what would have slowed down your loading since it is all still very fast for me.

Focus buttons are not in yet, but they are on my list of things to do.

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After replacing the www files, I found sometimes I need to reboot for some reason - then things pick back up. I know that's probably a crummy explanation, but it works... probably a bug with interaction and memory performance of BI somehow. *shrugs* Try restarting the BI server and see if it clears up?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
CTRL + F5 performs a full refresh (more full than normal F5 refresh), which should fix any errors caused by the browser using old cached files. Rebooting should never be necessary for UI2 troubleshooting...

gleep52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well that's what I thought, but all of my clips were taking forever to load and they all said they were 0 seconds long. Some of them, when clicked would bring up a black display and the clip would say "loading..." on it. CTRL+F5 didn't do anything and I even tested it in Firefox - same results. (I use Chrome normally). Rebooting was the only fix for me in that case, but like I said - it was probably something with BI not sending the right data, not UI2.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be BI's problem, yes. Probably fixable by regenerating/repairing the clip database. If rebooting fixed it, then it suggests the clip database was correct but that BI's in-memory cache of some of the relevant data might have been corrupted.

res

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly, great work, it looks really nice and seems to work really well. one feature request, a question and one bug (at least in my IE10).

Is there an option or will there be an option, when viewing a clip (or from the clip list) to have a download button for the video file. So the full res / full frame video can be played?

On the original html you could right click on a single camera view and choose between the 3 streams, i changed the 3rd stream to be high quality (my upload on my internet can only just cope with that), ie see you have high and low button, but that doesn't match the BI stream profiles?

Using your new login screen, if i have remember me ticked, the login button doesnt not work (ie login button does nothing).
If i untick remember me and click login (without page refresh etc), it then goes straight in. Anyone else have that?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly, great work, it looks really nice and seems to work really well. one feature request, a question and one bug (at least in my IE10).

Is there an option or will there be an option, when viewing a clip (or from the clip list) to have a download button for the video file. So the full res / full frame video can be played?
Yes, left click and hold on one of the clips, and after a second a context menu will appear which includes a download button for the video file.

On the original html you could right click on a single camera view and choose between the 3 streams, i changed the 3rd stream to be high quality (my upload on my internet can only just cope with that), ie see you have high and low button, but that doesn't match the BI stream profiles?
Blue Iris' stream profiles only work in default.htm in internet explorer, because the video streaming method used by them requires a browser plugin. The High and Low quality modes in UI2 are the best I could do with the jpeg streaming options available to me. In the UI2 settings, you can configure the quality settings for the low quality mode. Basically the lower the quality is, the higher the frame rate can be.

Using your new login screen, if i have remember me ticked, the login button doesnt not work (ie login button does nothing).
If i untick remember me and click login (without page refresh etc), it then goes straight in. Anyone else have that?
In Internet Explorer, F12 brings up the developer tools. Look in the console tab and see if any errors appear when you click the login button while it is failing. Though I can't imagine why it would fail. Even if you had cookies disabled it shouldn't prevent the login...

res

n3wb
Reaction score
ah that's awesome, never tried holding on a clip.

Only just tried and didn't know it wasn't using the normal pluggin, makes sense.

I'll check for console errors tonight, i did try compatibly mode and different types under F12, none worked. As soon as i untick remember me, it works. odd

storeman69

n3wb
Reaction score
First of all excellent job, but I have a doubt, there is an option that allows use something similar to the cycle for all cameras, but for agroup that is a cycle according to a certain group

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
First of all excellent job, but I have a doubt, there is an option that allows use something similar to the cycle for all cameras, but for agroup that is a cycle according to a certain group
I am not sure what you are saying, but you can click this thing at the top
where you will find group cycles if you have enabled group cycles in Blue Iris.

res

n3wb
Reaction score
In Internet Explorer, F12 brings up the developer tools. Look in the console tab and see if any errors appear when you click the login button while it is failing. Though I can't imagine why it would fail. Even if you had cookies disabled it shouldn't prevent the login...
SCRIPT87: Invalid argument.
login.htm, line 231 character 3

I've told IE to always allow cookies for that domain and tried trusted sites. Rest of IE pretty much default settings, as i only use it for the original BI pages.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OK, I generally consider myself fairly observant but I just now realized that if you hold your mouse over a clip image, that it animates through the clip. Is that a new feature or do I need to cut back on my meds?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I generally consider myself fairly observant but I just now realized that if you hold your mouse over a clip image, that it animates through the clip. Is that a new feature or do I need to cut back on my meds?
It's new. bp put it into an update not long ago... But try to cut back the meds anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk