I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. It is a new feature within the last week or so yes. As you may have noticed, however, the main video area's frame rate is cut in half as long as a clip preview animation is active. This isn't a big deal if you are focusing on the clip preview, but if your mouse is "accidentally" hovering over a clip that you are not looking at then the frame rate loss is very noticeable. In one of the next patches, I will make the animation only loop perhaps 3 times before stopping. There will also be an option to disable the clip preview animation entirely.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Update uploaded. The most noticeable change here is the addition of PTZ focus buttons.

v0.13.0 - 2016-03-07
+ Added PTZ focus buttons.
+ Added options to individually hide each component of the PTZ controls.
+ Added hotkeys for panning the image after using digital zoom.
+ Added a setting to disable the clip preview thumbnail animation.
* Changed the default hotkeys for PTZ zoom to not require the CTRL modifier.
* Changed the default hotkeys for digital zoom to require the SHIFT modifier.
* The clip preview thumbnail animation is now disabled when using a touchscreen, as such devices do not often have proper "hover" logic.
* The clip preview thumnail animation stops automatically after looping 3 times, if necessary to improve streaming performance.
* Fixed a bug where the "next" and "previous" clip transitions could jump to the wrong place in the clip list.
* Improved the logout procedure to be more reliable.

As always, the download link is in the first post of this thread.

Rice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi bp2008,
just a suggestion...
When the animation plays for the clip (or if you mouse over a clip?), the size of that clip window goes larger?
just a thought :rolleyes:

Rice

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi bp2008,
just a suggestion...
When the animation plays for the clip (or if you mouse over a clip?), the size of that clip window goes larger?
just a thought :rolleyes:

Rice
That is a big can of worms for the clip list layout. Best to just click the clip and view full size.

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about having the left/right keys on the keyboard scroll through cameras in live view mode?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
i have been using your web files, they are great!! I love them!

However it started to loop at login, i click login and it keeps looping this URL

http://192.168.0.120/login.htm?page=/

any ideas?
You probably entered the wrong user / password, and have the "remember me" box checked.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about having the left/right keys on the keyboard scroll through cameras in live view mode?
You mean when viewing a camera full-screen? Currently the left/right/up/down keys are bound to PTZ actions by default during live view. And Shift + Arrow keys are bound to panning while digitally zoomed in (e.g. mouse wheel). I suppose I could let CTRL + arrow keys cycle between cameras...

Reaction score
You probably entered the wrong user / password, and have the "remember me" box checked.

You mean when viewing a camera full-screen? Currently the left/right/up/down keys are bound to PTZ actions by default during live view. And Shift + Arrow keys are bound to panning while digitally zoomed in (e.g. mouse wheel). I suppose I could let CTRL + arrow keys cycle between cameras...

I have remember password, the password is correct i have checked it several times.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have remember password, the password is correct i have checked it several times.
I'm sorry, I meant you probably have the "Log in automatically" box checked. But it is hard to be certain since it is pretty obvious when it is about to login automatically.

Open your browser's developer tools and look in the console tab for errors. The hotkey is CTRL + I in most browsers, or just F12 if you are using a Microsoft browser.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Something funny is going on there. I am really not sure how you end up with that chain of redirects. You should see login.htm load with Status 200 (which is the normal code for success). Then the actual attempt to log in should be a request to login.htm?page=xxx&login=xxx which returns with a status of 302 (redirect) which is supposed to send you to the page specified in the page=xxx parameter. In that case your page value is %2F which just means "/" which means Blue Iris would redirect you to your home page as assigned in your Blue Iris user account.

Can you try clicking the Preserve log checkbox and let it cycle a few times, then screenshot the request log when it shows at least one full cycle?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, I get the exact same sequence of events if I enter the wrong password (or wrong user name) and have Log in automatically checked (otherwise it just stays on the login page and doesn't do anything after the first login failure).

So again I must ask if there is any chance you entered your Blue Iris user name and password wrong. If you are certain that you have them both right, then maybe your user name or password contains some special character that the web browser handles differently than Blue Iris. Any chance of that?

Reaction score
:mad-new: im going to play dumb, but. . . haha some reason chrome put a space in the end of the password and it caused invalid password :/ I feel really dumb now. . haha

Alright, I get the exact same sequence of events if I enter the wrong password (or wrong user name) and have Log in automatically checked (otherwise it just stays on the login page and doesn't do anything after the first login failure).

So again I must ask if there is any chance you entered your Blue Iris user name and password wrong. If you are certain that you have them both right, then maybe your user name or password contains some special character that the web browser handles differently than Blue Iris. Any chance of that?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
:mad-new: im going to play dumb, but. . . haha some reason chrome put a space in the end of the password and it caused invalid password :/ I feel really dumb now. . haha
:)

To be fair, the login failure really should have an error message instead of just appearing to make the page reload. I will see what I can do to improve that experience.

cag

n3wb
Reaction score
Just upgraded and I have a problem. Strangely this works fine in MS Edge, but not Chrome. In Chrome I get this..Capture.PNG
When I first login it goes to the default.htm page and then when I change to ui2.htm I get the busy window... it doesn't go away.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just upgraded and I have a problem. Strangely this works fine in MS Edge, but not Chrome. In Chrome I get this..View attachment 8917
When I first login it goes to the default.htm page and then when I change to ui2.htm I get the busy window... it doesn't go away.
You might have to refresh your browser cache to get it to work. Hit CTRL+F5 to force the refresh.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Just upgraded and I have a problem. Strangely this works fine in MS Edge, but not Chrome. In Chrome I get this..View attachment 8917
Like ruppmeister said, try CTRL + F5. Good news, I figured out a way to bring up a message like this when an unhandled error occurs:

I remember trying this in the past, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work until now! So as of the next UI2 release, that should happen if any unhandled errors occur.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Curious if adding admin things would be possible?
Things like.....
access to the events log
IR on/off
disable/enable cameras
etc...
I used these on the android app some, so just curious if you had any thoughts on things like such...
As always no biggy, just a thought =) Or if this is a repeat my apologies.
Thanks

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Those things are all possible, and the event log and disable/enable cameras features are already on my to-do list as of earlier this month.

IR ON/OFF I have been considering for a long time. Thing is, the overwhelming majority of cameras are already very good at determining when IR is needed or not, so most of the time the button would just be there so people could accidentally press it. If I do add that button, it will be hidden by default and you will have to unhide it in settings. For that matter I am not sure why I let the focus buttons be shown by default. It is another thing that focusable cameras usually do just fine on their own.