I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Can’t get remember me or log in automatically to work.

It has something to do with letters in the password that cause the trouble. It seems that having more than one letter in the password makes it fail. I tried many combinations and this my conclusion.
Bill
I will check into this, and change the method used to remember the password so it is more reliable in IE.

wmmiller

n3wb
Reaction score

Thank you. That would be super if you can figure this out.

Rodger3876

n3wb
Reaction score

When I use ui2 from a remote location & I log in the first time everything works fine, after that I can not get logged in again until I restart Blue Iris? I get 5 errors? Not sure where to get started on the problem?UI2.gifUI2-1.gifUI2-2.gifUI2-3.gifUI2-4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

When I use ui2 from a remote location & I log in the first time everything works fine, after that I can not get logged in again until I restart Blue Iris? I get 5 errors? Not sure where to get started on the problem?View attachment 10122View attachment 10123View attachment 10124View attachment 10125View attachment 10126
Most likely the jquery-1.11.3.min.js file is not loading correctly.

1) Redownload the zip file from the first post here.
2) Extract the contents into your Blue Iris web server folder (www), overwriting everything when prompted.
3) Ctrl + F5 in the web browser (this reloads everything regardless of the cache).

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an issue. Recently, when scrolling down the ALERTS list on the LEFT hand side, depending on how fast I scroll, and how far down I scroll, the ALERTS sometimes take a couple seconds to load their thumbnail. The thumbnail will say "Loading" for 2-3 seconds, at that time, an orange popup then comes up and says "UI2 has detected that your Blue Iris session may have expired. This page will reload Momentarily". Then 2-3 seconds later UI2 reloads, and I'm back at the top of my alert list. This is preventing me from scrolling down to my alert list to the time I want to view my alerts. Everytime I scroll down UI2 refreshed sending me to the top. Is the time-out setting too short?

EDIT: I see this has come up a couple pages back...

EDIT2: Whenever this happened, I do see an error on my BI machine. Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, Faulting module name: ntdll.dll. Application Error

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@MEZERR, try disabling Clip preview animation in UI2 Settings > UI Behavior. Most likely you are mousing over items as you scroll, causing a lot of requests to Blue Iris, and causing Blue Iris to be overloaded and crash.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most of the time I can figure it out. I seen in an earleir post that you can make groups cycle, ie. All Cameras Cycle, how do I get "Groupname Cycle" in BI to just cycle a group of cameras for UI2?

Thanks for all your hard work...
Bill

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
...All Cameras Cycle, how do I get "Groupname Cycle" in BI to just cycle a group of cameras for UI2?.

In Blue Iris, select the group name you want to cycle, select the "group settings" button (the gear icon), and then put a check next to "enable camera cycle stream"

Now a GROUPNAME CYCLE selection will show up in UI2.

Scott

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
To deal with the clip animation, I will see what I can do to throttle it so it won't hammer Blue Iris so hard when you scroll over it. The problem is it can send out dozens of requests every second for Blue Iris to play different clips. I'm going to probably make it wait about one second between starting one clip and starting another.

Most of the time I can figure it out. I seen in an earleir post that you can make groups cycle, ie. All Cameras Cycle, how do I get "Groupname Cycle" in BI to just cycle a group of cameras for UI2?

Thanks for all your hard work...
Bill
Seems like I share this image at least once a month :)

Rodger3876

n3wb
Reaction score

I have done your suggestions, still having the same problem? Crtl + F5 has not worked either. Ctrl + F5 Does get me to your Loading-Check screen but it just hangs until I close web page & start over?

crizq0

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I have been playing and searching on how to make the the group webcast look clearer and less grainy. It is perfect when I webview a single camera.

Changing the specify frame size worked like a charm.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

I have done your suggestions, still having the same problem? Crtl + F5 has not worked either. Ctrl + F5 Does get me to your Loading-Check screen but it just hangs until I close web page & start over?
Which browser are you using?

Rodger3876

n3wb
Reaction score

FireFox, I brought the Laptop Home for the weekend & will test on local network?

Reaction score
Unable to get sound to work

I just started using UI2 and love the layout. However, I am unable to get camera sound through it. I have tried both IE and Chrome. Am I missing something? I have tried disabling and re-enabling audio, but still nothing. Is there something special I have to do to get the audio to work?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Ok, I partially figured out my problem. I am going through IIS Reverse Proxy and this appears to kill the audio. Are there any workarounds for this? The other problem appears to be something with my Google Chrome. I downloaded and installed FireFox and works fine in it (as long as I am not going through reverse Proxy)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why a reverse proxy would kill the audio, unless that proxy expects to download the entire file before forwarding it to you (in which case the audio stream would never finish downloading, so you would never begin receiving it).

Audio does not work in IE. It does in Chrome only after a long buffering delay which I don't think I can do anything about. Firefox, as you have noticed, is the only browser which handles it decently.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To deal with the clip animation, I will see what I can do to throttle it so it won't hammer Blue Iris so hard when you scroll over it. The problem is it can send out dozens of requests every second for Blue Iris to play different clips. I'm going to probably make it wait about one second between starting one clip and starting another.

Seems like I share this image at least once a month :)
I have that configured correctly. Can't seem to auto cycle a "group". Example, I have a group called "ip-cameras". When in UI2, I do not have a "ip-cameras Cycle". Just "All Cameras Cycle". Works as expected in the BI console.

After looking some more, "Cycling" "groups" works fine in the BI console. I seen an earlier post where "current camera" included "'groupname' cycle" in UI2. I can't for the life of me get this to work in UI2. All I get is "All Cameras Cycle"... I'm missing something I'm sure. Somebody hit me with a brick... :)

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can't seem to auto cycle a "group"
Not that this is any help, but I just set up a group cycle a couple weeks ago. All I did is check the "enable camera cycle stream" for the group I wanted to be cycled, refresh UI2 and it showed up. It doesn't sound like your doing any of that wrong though =)... maybe try a different user just to make sure it's not a "rights" issue?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that this is any help, but I just set up a group cycle a couple weeks ago. All I did is check the "enable camera cycle stream" for the group I wanted to be cycled, refresh UI2 and it showed up. It doesn't sound like your doing any of that wrong though =)... maybe try a different user just to make sure it's not a "rights" issue?
Good advice. If refreshing the page did not solve the problem, make sure the user account has access to the camera group in question.

Any group a cycle is enabled for should appear in that dropdown list, as you can see with my "backyard cycle" here: