I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
After that warning box, it waits 5 seconds and then issues a "location.reload();" command. This has the same effect as pressing the reload / refresh button in your browser -- It reloads the current page. How in the world it is loading a different page is beyond me.

turbov6camaro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I turnd that on no sound but im using chrome, I will try FFF (freaking firefox)

If you full-screen a camera that Blue Iris thinks has audio, you should find this speaker button up in the top bar. Use Firefox for best audio performance.

You'll also see that icon when viewing a camera group, if you have audio enabled for the group, though I am not sure what the audio source is in that case.

Two way audio is not possible right now. Maybe in the future, but I have never worked with two-way audio in a browser before and I imagine whatever the browser is capable of is not compatible with what Blue Iris is capable of.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After that warning box, it waits 5 seconds and then issues a "location.reload();" command. This has the same effect as pressing the reload / refresh button in your browser -- It reloads the current page. How in the world it is loading a different page is beyond me.
chrome bug maybe? I'll switch to FF and report back if it happens again

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
ok thanks and great update, just tried it. i hope blue iris will implement that soon.

Im getting a different error now when trying to download clips or alerts. Its happening for all clips.

View attachment 10255 View attachment 10256
This is now fixed in the update I just uploaded, for anyone who didn't apply the manual fix I posted earlier.

v0.15.1 - 2016-05-02
* Fixed a bug causing clips to not be downloadable.
* Merged and optimized javascript and css libraries to slightly improve UI2 loading speed.

Reaction score
This is now fixed in the update I just uploaded, for anyone who didn't apply the manual fix I posted earlier.

v0.15.1 - 2016-05-02
* Fixed a bug causing clips to not be downloadable.
* Merged and optimized javascript and css libraries to slightly improve UI2 loading speed.

Excellent Thank you!

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
safe to say issue with Chrome. since switching to FF it hasn't happened a single time. it would have happened at least 20 times by now on Chrome :encouragement:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If the full refresh as described in the error message doesn't work, try re-extracting (and overwriting all files of course), then do the full refresh again. I suspect your ui2-utils.js didn't load or something, as that error message shouldn't ever be a possibility.

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi all! i have a question. Is it possible to set ui2 to enter to a specific group of camera at the login?
thanks a lot!

Reaction score
For each user in BI you set which camera groups are view-able. When that user logs in to ui2, only that group of cameras are present.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup! You just need the "short name" of the camera that you assigned in Blue Iris.

ui2.htm?cam=porch

You can also do

?fullscreen=1

?fullscreen=0

and can combine arguments like this:

?cam=porch&fullscreen=1

?group=backyard&fullscreen=1

Though you may not want to combine cam and group arguments because only one of them will work obviously.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've uploaded an update.

v0.16.0 - 2016-05-17
+ Added a "Full Camera List" item to the main menu. This menu allows you to easily open the properties panel of any camera, even disabled cameras.
* Implemented the "Enable/Disable" button in the camera properties panel (it was grayed out previously because UI2 provided no way to re-enable cameras).
* Added a version parameter to javascript file callouts to help force them to reload after a UI2 update.

The full camera list grabs a thumbnail of every enabled camera, and retains the thumbnail in your browser's local storage so you can visually identify cameras even when they are disabled. This thumbnail updates once per day or whenever you click the button at the bottom of the panel.

Click on any camera to open its properties panel, where you can remotely change certain settings for the camera, or even enable and disable the camera.

Last edited:

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yup! You just need the "short name" of the camera that you assigned in Blue Iris.

ui2.htm?cam=porch

You can also do

?fullscreen=1

?fullscreen=0

and can combine arguments like this:

?cam=porch&fullscreen=1

?group=backyard&fullscreen=1

Though you may not want to combine cam and group arguments because only one of them will work obviously.
thanks a lot!

odysse74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I just have a small problem with the last version with de web interface: when I click on "GO LIVE" I have the defect this joined in photo.

Thank you in advance.
@+

OdyCapture-1.PNG