I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds reasonable, a common problem when ajaxing in stuff without checking the return data before presenting it to the browser. There are several java techniques that can avoid this issue, type cast the expected return value is one of them, the other most obvious method would be to inspect the data first (but that may slow it down too much, it would need to be tested).
Yeah, you can't do that with image elements though. When you set the src attribute you don't get to inspect the response before the browser tries to use it.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, you can't do that with image elements though. When you set the src attribute you don't get to inspect the response before the browser tries to use it.
Sure you can - post me the current code you are using to do the ajaxing (or should I just download the source of ui2? - in which case can you give me a link so I don't have to search for it - TY). :)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL we'll see about that.

It is right there in the first post. The "For Blue Iris 3.60 and later": http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php?93-I-made-a-better-remote-live-view-page

Images are loaded right at the end of function GetNewImage() in ui2/ui2.js

Find function StartRefresh() for the image's load and error events, where GetNewImage is called again after each image loads or fails to load.
Thanks I'll take a look at it and I'll PM you the code change - wouldn't want to embarrass you. ;-) (there is no cool wink smiley).

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that sounds pretty close. I see the "small broken image graphic" and I think once or twice I have seen the login page in the left element. I'm not sure what the best method would be, but I'm thinking if it detects an error, then kinda pause everything and keep refreshing the login page until it comes up? then just forward back to the login page? I have the remember me and auto login checked so getting sent back there would be fine. I just can't have it get stuck with the broken image stuff.. my security people are pretty dumb and don't know how to press 'F5' to refresh the freaking page...........

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
that sounds pretty close. I see the "small broken image graphic" and I think once or twice I have seen the login page in the left element. I'm not sure what the best method would be, but I'm thinking if it detects an error, then kinda pause everything and keep refreshing the login page until it comes up? then just forward back to the login page? I have the remember me and auto login checked so getting sent back there would be fine. I just can't have it get stuck with the broken image stuff.. my security people are pretty dumb and don't know how to press 'F5' to refresh the freaking page...........
LOL yeah if you were seeing the login page in the left that would have been before UI2. You could have seen that in jpegpull.htm or default.htm anyway.

Fortunately there are several ways I can make UI2 detect this situation. I can look for a failure response in the "server status update" that happens every few seconds. Or I can assume that a number of failed image loads in a row is caused by an inactive session. Or maybe Zxel will show me some magic trick with the image loading that will let me detect it was redirected to login. That would be cool.

Will see.

Overcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How can we tell if you have posted updates? Just curious if updates are made to this view and how/when to get them. If updates, features or enhancements are made I'd like to get them since I am not an HTML person I take what's given and I really like the ui2.htm interface!

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
UI2 error

BI 4.0.1.8 x64
Most recent version of updated files
Attempting to open in IE11

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
How can we tell if you have posted updates? Just curious if updates are made to this view and how/when to get them. If updates, features or enhancements are made I'd like to get them since I am not an HTML person I take what's given and I really like the ui2.htm interface!
I always post a reply here when I upload a new version. That is currently the only system in place for letting people know about an update. Sorry! Maybe if there is a significant demand for it I will have to come up with something better. (you can always subscribe to this thread and receive an email when there is a post, but sadly most of those would not be me announcing an update.

UI2 error

BI 4.0.1.8 x64
Most recent version of updated files
Attempting to open in IE11
Press F12 to open the IE developer tools. Open the console tab, and then refresh the page with CTRL + F5 and see what errors show up. But I suspect at least one of the important javascript or css files is missing or corrupted. You might also try re-extracting from the zip file.

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Can I add Google Analytics code to this?

I see BI Tools offers that feature but the code it inserts is different from it says to use in the Google properties for the website with tracking ID and what code to place in HTML and PHP files.

Which code should I use? The one BIT generates or the one the from Google? Sorry, I'm obviously new to this.

If I add code manually, which HTM files can and should I add it to?

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Press F12 to open the IE developer tools. Open the console tab, and then refresh the page with CTRL + F5 and see what errors show up. But I suspect at least one of the important javascript or css files is missing or corrupted. You might also try re-extracting from the zip file.
I have a similar issue on a fresh BI installation. Not using BIT, just the latest and greatest version of your files.

I'm getting stuck at "Loading Clip List.. BUSY" This is what IE reveals from the directions you posted.

Initially I changed the storage from C: default to D: as the default but switched back to default C: for troubleshooting purposes and get the same result.

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue on a fresh BI installation. Not using BIT, just the latest and greatest version of your files.

I'm getting stuck at "Loading Clip List.. BUSY" This is what IE reveals from the directions you posted.

Initially I changed the storage from C: default to D: as the default but switched back to default C: for troubleshooting purposes and get the same result.
That one is likely because you only have one camera.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I add Google Analytics code to this?

I see BI Tools offers that feature but the code it inserts is different from it says to use in the Google properties for the website with tracking ID and what code to place in HTML and PHP files.

Which code should I use? The one BIT generates or the one the from Google? Sorry, I'm obviously new to this.

If I add code manually, which HTM files can and should I add it to?
Yeah, you can add google analytics code. I don't use google analytics so I can't make a recommendation either way. It does seem like Google would be the most up-to-date source of instructions though.

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That one is likely because you only have one camera.
Adding another camera fixed that problem. Thanks!

Is it a bug or just a requirement?

Yeah, you can add google analytics code. I don't use google analytics so I can't make a recommendation either way. It does seem like Google would be the most up-to-date source of instructions though.
I appreciate the input. Both bits of code work but they appear to very different. I'll stick with the latest and greatest from Google for now since it seems to do the job.

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
another thing... anyway to adjust the quality of the thumbnails in ui2 when I have say a group of 4 cameras up? or even all the cameras up?

superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ahhhhh, perfect! thank you so much! how's it coming with the other thing? you were correct it happens every time I update blue iris and the service restarts, haha.