I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you BP

that works, and thanks for your great work on this.

One other question , I am trying to get UI2 to display just 1 camera when it is called.

I tried making a group in BI which only contained one camera but for example when I call UI2

with http://192.168.1.205/ui2.htm?group=hst (where hst is the group that only has 1 camera)

it actually brings up the page with all the cameras.

Is there any way of just displaying 1 camera? ( without having to click on the desired camera in UI2)?

Thanks in advance.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Never mind, I found the answer:

/ui2.htm?group=groupname
/ui2.htm?cam=shortname
/ui2.htm?group=groupname&fullscreen=1
/ui2.htm?cam=shortname&fullscreen=1

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just downloaded this and the jpegpull2.htm looks great! I tried opening the ui2.htm and for some reason it won't open completely. On the host it gets stuck at this point and doesn't load the page. I then tried it from another computer on my LAN and I get a message that says it's taking too long. Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea what is wrong, but if you can set up a temporary account for me and send a private message with a URL, I can see if it will do the same to me.

What is your exact Blue Iris version?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Version is 4.4.7.4
I could probably do a JoinMe session or something one evening or this weekend.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That would definitely let me figure out what is wrong. PM me the details; no guarantee I will be around or notice when you send it, but we'll figure something out.

Shuki

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a way for ui2 to play WAV alarm on motion? like the ActiveX IE plugin for BI does when right click on IE ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just downloaded this and the jpegpull2.htm looks great! I tried opening the ui2.htm and for some reason it won't open completely. On the host it gets stuck at this point and doesn't load the page. I then tried it from another computer on my LAN and I get a message that says it's taking too long. Any thoughts? Thanks
For anyone else who may have this problem, the problem was that you can't just double-click the ui2.htm file; the page will open, but it won't be able to reach the Blue Iris server. You need to open it through Blue Iris's web server, as shown in the usage instructions in the first post. I will think about how I can make the page detect this condition and tell the user what is going on.

Reaction score
I can't get audio to play when I am viewing clips while using ui2.htm via Fire Fox. I spent an entire Sunday on it with no luck and now I am starting to read all the 41 pages on this thread. If ui2.htm doesn't support audio while viewing clips I will be heart broken because it is everything I want in a remote viewer but useless without that feature. :(

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't possible. Audio works for live view only.

Blue Iris's audio streaming ability and HTML5's ability to receive it do not mesh up very well. And even if I could stream audio from recordings to the browser, it would be hell trying to keep it in sync with the video.

You could try default.htm in Internet Explorer. That uses an activex plugin to receive a video stream (with audio, I believe) from Blue Iris. I know, the page is primitive by comparison and IE is a relic of a bygone age. But it is the only way you are going to get audio for your recordings short of using a remote desktop program to access Blue Iris's main window.

kevth

n3wb
Reaction score
Another question, I looked for a solution but could not find an answer. I have 4 feeds. I have a dedicated monitor in my bedroom by my bed. The orientation for the video is kind of clunky if the monitor is horizontal. It shows the 4 feeds but there is space above and below that is unused. I would like to make my monitor vertical and size the videos to fill the monitor perfectly.

Is there a solution?

Again, TY.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
:) I also have a dedicated monitor by my bed. That is exactly why UI2 has red filtering options actually; for eye-friendly night displays. I specifically purchased a VA monitor with as dark a black level as I could find, and still had to put four layers of red cellophane over the screen to reduce the effect of the backlight. But now I have a monitor I can leave on 24/7 and it doesn't bother me when I am trying to sleep.

Anyway. You probably will not get a perfect fill (UI2 does not support stretching cameras to the wrong aspect ratio) but you can try tweaking the group view resolution in Blue Iris to better fit your desired monitor.

If you don't want to mess with your "all cameras" group view resolution, you can create another group specifically for this, and change its resolution instead.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It has been half a year since the last update, and I have an exciting new one which includes low latency H.264 streaming. Earlier this week I figured out the trick to making it work without a plugin like the ActiveX used by Internet Explorer on default.htm.

There are a few shortcomings; it doesn't work for viewing recordings, and it only works in Google Chrome (maybe other browsers based on Webkit, but I haven't tested others). But overall this should be a tremendous performance improvement over most internet connections, and in some cases even for LAN access.

To enable H.264 streaming, you need to go to the "HTML5 Canvas" area of UI2's settings and check the box next to "Enable Canvas". When H.264 streaming is available, you will see a new button (text only) in the top bar, saying "Streaming: JPEG" or "Streaming: H.264".

One thing I forgot to mention in the change log, but is noted in the UI2 options panel, is that in Blue Iris you must configure encoder profile "Streaming 0" to use Preset: "ultrafast" otherwise the stream will not be compatible with the decoder used by UI2. You can find the setting in Blue Iris Options under the Web Server tab.

Here is the change log:

v0.17.0 - 2016-11-17
+ Added low latency H.264 streaming for live views in Google Chrome.
+ Added an optional idle timeout setting (see the bottom of the "UI Behavior" category).
+ All "toast" messages are now logged to the browser console. Previously, only error toasts were logged to the console.
* Hotkeys no longer repeat rapidly while a key is held down.
* Fixed a bug where the video player for HLS streams sometimes was the wrong size after leaving fullscreen mode.
* PTZ Presets set by UI2 now have the name "Preset #" instead of "ui2"
* An info toast no longer appears when you flag or unflag a clip.
* Minor bugfixes

The download link is where it always is, in the first post of this thread: I made a better remote-live-view page

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Everything should be fine if you download again.

v0.17.1 - 2016-11-18
* Fixed error preventing the UI from loading properly in some browsers.

kevinduke

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I Love UI2 interface. I use it on my iphone with the chrome browser and it worked great. I recently updated it to the .17 release and can no longer get it to work on my phone. I started getting the error attached. I have tried removing it and re adding it, Clearing caches and just about everything else. Any suggestions on what else I might try? And if not would it be possible to get another copy of the previous version? Thanks much.
I was getting this error on Safari - Installed v0.17.1 and now just get the attached

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unbelievable. I saw that happen in IE 11 but I thought it was just microsoft's BS. Another patch will be coming shortly.

jejosephso

n3wb
Reaction score
No video. Title bar only, since upgrading to 17.1

I'm thankful for the great UI that you have developed and am not complaining. I figure you are interested in the error though.

It does not happen on Chrome or Firefox. But it does happen on all of my machines on IE and Edge. If I can I'd like to use IE on my Win 7 machine because it is less impactfull on my CPU than Chrome and Firefox.

I just installed 17.1 and now the UI shows only the title bar. .
Capture2.PNG

I was getting the error below in UI2 v 16.3 and in v 17.0. It was happening in IE 11.0.9600.18524 on Win 7 (V 6.1 Bld 7601 SP1. But not Chrome or Firefox.

Old error:
Unable to get property 'isLive' of undefined or null reference <url>ui2/ui2.js?v-0.17.0
line: 1776
Char: 2

Capture.PNG