I need an NVR, 8ch, 8 PoE and 8 2mp cameras. Any recommendation?

Reaction score
I am looking for the following:

An NVR, 8ch, 8 PoE and 8 2mp cameras.

Preferred H 265 format.
Good night time recording to identify faces within 80 feet.
At least 3 weeks of recording.
It will over-write the previous if disks if the disk is filled.

Any recommendation?

Thank you!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for the following:

An NVR, 8ch, 8 PoE and 8 2mp cameras.

Preferred H 265 format.
Good night time recording to identify faces within 80 feet.
At least 3 weeks of recording.
It will over-write the previous if disks if the disk is filled.

Any recommendation?

Thank you!
Welcome @Beekeeper2020

Suggest considering a Dahua OEM 2MP starlight PTZ for this requirement:
"Good night time recording to identify faces within 80 feet."

Definitely check the links looney2ns posted.

Also consider the Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 - it is the "pro" model

many here like to go the windows PC + Blue Iris route, so do consider the Blue Iris software + windows PC ( + PoE switch )

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I too would like to know if anyone has had a good experience with using an all-in-one, "any idiot can set it up" type of box kit that includes cameras, NVR, cabling and is pretty much plug n play to get it going like what Sam's \Costco offer that is any decent.
There are some people, like my bro-in-law, who need a solution but do not have the time or know-how to source and set up\configure all the individual parts themselves.

I tried a Q-See 3MP 8 camera kit from Sam's initially several years ago. It was pretty simple to get going but it was crap so I took it back, found this forum and ended up doing it right.
But my B-I-L cannot do that so he still needs something simple, reliable and of at least minimally acceptable quality.

So any kits out there anyone could recommend with the specs of the OPs requirenments or otherwise?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I too would like to know if anyone has had a good experience with using an all-in-one, "any idiot can set it up" type of box kit that includes cameras, NVR, cabling and is pretty much plug n play to get it going like what Sam's \Costco offer that is any decent.
There are some people, like my bro-in-law, who need a solution but do not have the time or know-how to source and set up\configure all the individual parts themselves.

I tried a Q-See 3MP 8 camera kit from Sam's initially several years ago. It was pretty simple to get going but it was crap so I took it back, found this forum and ended up doing it right.
But my B-I-L cannot do that so he still needs something simple, reliable and of at least minimally acceptable quality.

So any kits out there anyone could recommend with the specs of the OPs requirenments or otherwise?
Hi @nbstl68

Costco security camera selection varies a little - sometimes you can find a nice Q-see branded Dahua OEM kit w/ what appears to be the newer Dahua OEM IPC-HFW1831x cameras.

Currently the one which is Dahua OEM that I know I can add Dahua OEM 2MP starlight cameras to that has the Lorex branded version of the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 is
https://www.costco.com/Lorex-16-channel-4K-UHD-NVR-Surveillance-System-with-4TB-HDD-and-9-4K-Active-Deterrence-Cameras.product.100430583.html

Sometimes that goes on sale. maybe worth watching on that kit for the next sale and augmenting it with a few Dahua OEM 2MP starlight cameras.