I need some DS-2CD2032-I in 12mm in a hurry, where to get them?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was needing a few of the mentioned camera, like overnight if possible, but I cannot find anyone that has any of these? Tried Nellys and they don't offer them, and Wrightwood is out it appears when I try to checkout and they have no shipping options. Amazon does not have any in 12mm. Any other place to try real quick like? Thanks all!

EDIT -- Wrightwood had one after messing around and only choosing one, but when I tried to purchase they do not take AmEx so I can't purchase there at all anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just ordered 4 Hik domes from him after posting this, but he also does not have the 12mm versions right now. Trying out the newer eyeball/turret style with the IR separate to see how that works out for us.

I went back to look at Wrightwood and the 12mm cameras had been removed from my cart, and they are no longer even on the site! I looked and looked, but they have disappeared from the site in the last 30-40 minutes. How odd.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You are probably out of luck then. Amazon would have been my first guess since they are usually fastest as long as they are amazon fulfilled.

If you can't find 12mm from any of those US sellers you mentioned then your best bet is to order from aliexpress and pay extra for faster shipping. Very hard to say which of those sellers will hold on to your order for a week before they ship though.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aren't you an installer? Just get them from ADI, the show inventory and if your local office has them in stock, you can pick them up.

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They were back up on Wrightwood today, and I ordered 4 and they have shipped - so I think I'm in business. I was able to pay via AmEx through *shudder* PayPal. I actually mounted a couple of the 4mm versions today where I need the 12, having them up even temporary is better than nothing.

I'm an installer, but not as a CCTV company, I install and purchase only for my company so we do not have the ability to order directly from ADI, I have to go through a third party which I often do for other brands. The last couple times I needed Hik cameras though they were unavailable so I've gotten used to just buying these cameras directly online. I now have about 100 of the Hik cameras installed and have not had one fail as of yet anyway. Amazing for the price.

catseyenu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I now have about 100 of the Hik cameras installed and have not had one fail as of yet anyway. Amazing for the price.
May I ask how long have they been up and in what type of conditions?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been putting them up since February mainly, and as far as conditions they are all outdoors except for maybe 3-4 of them. I have Hik cameras in three US states right now, in the midwest area and will soon have them in all five states I cover. 90 of them are bullets roughly, and they are just installed on the side of buildings, sometimes in the shade under an eave, but more often just on the side of a building that does not even have gutters so no eave either.

The few domes I have outdoors are under an awning and in theory are mostly not going to get rained on directly. Just wet from fog and wind whipped rain.

I record on motion only, but they run 24/7 at business locations and they have been doing great. I have had no failures of any type, and I've not even needed to reboot a camera as of yet. I have had many more issues with my ACTi cameras, and even the few Axis cameras I have (hemispheric) have needed reboots but the Hiks have not had those issues as of yet anyway. Vivotek was a very reliable brand for me though, and I still purchase hemispheric cameras of theirs.

My biggest reason for trying out the Hik cameras was the failure rate I was getting with ACTi cameras due to apparent storm/surge damage killing them. I had a site that lost 4 ACTi cameras so I replaced them with the Hik. Two weeks later another storm hit and I lost the remaining 5 ACTi cameras but the Hiks were working fine. I replaced all with the new cameras and have had no further needs for replacement there which as surprised me.

Currently I've moved completely to Hik for my companies needs, except for license plate cameras which I still use ACTi for, and Vivotek hemispheric cams. The bigger cameras so not seem to have the issues the e series did for us anyway. I can imagine a future Hik camera filling this need for me in the future though if they can get something with a longer lens, something like a Hik version of the KCM-5611 or the B45 would be awesome.