I/O Error: 0 on BI

Mojo2787

n3wb
Reaction score
We have a network setup for these and they are all wired in, I have one particular that was dropping signal, after reboot it would come back up in BI. At three weeks it just completely lost signal, the web interface for Sricam AP004
works fine. BI however won't pull up the signal and I'm left with the error. I've tried lowering the resolution and fps as well as lifting the buffer to 10, but no dice. nothing was updated or changed since it was working before. Using BI version 4.1.1.5 x64. Here are some screen shots of the setting for this cam.:mad-new:

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..try increasing the receive buffer to 20mb..
Why is the camera only sending 2fps? Did you reduce the frame rate?
These cheap sricam/foscam are notorious for dropped signal with blue iris.
You should also email support to see if there is an alternate solution.

Mojo2787

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering as well but I did drop the settings down (reduced frame rate) I will try the buff at 20mb, and yea it seems to just be this particular camera we have two but they have both been problematic since I first hooked them into the network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering as well but I did drop the settings down (reduced frame rate) I will try the buff at 20mb, and yea it seems to just be this particular camera we have two but they have both been problematic since I first hooked them into the network.
Sricam should be avoided at all costs...we all learned the hard way about the low end cams...

Mojo2787

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I personally hadn't ever heard of them till I started here. They had been previously purchased so I worked with what they had lol I appreciate it.

Mojo2787

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update, got the camera working. Even though it's a cheap make I just started from scratch with it, gave it a new IP and replaced the cable that was running to it which was put in by another guy. After doing that it works fine I believe the issue was with a faulty cable on further inspection. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.