I only need one text and image per "incident"...

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Question:
How do I only receive a single text, with a relevant image, when motion is detected?

The story:
I've been struggling to setup BI with ai tool and deepstack for the last two months. (I have plenty of unanswered questions in this thread that I won't repeat unless appropriate to the above specific question.) One big issue I have is that no matter what I do, I seem to get between 4 and 7 text message alerts when motion is detected. And, 95% of the time, the image and timestamp is the same in all the texts. And to top it off, 95% of those are simply images of my empty front yard.

(To be clear, I also want my hd stream to begin recording 20 seconds before the image in the text, and continue until motion had stopped. But I think I have that pretty well figured out; so I'm not asking about those settings.)

I think this may be because I'm not understanding the BI camera settings involving timing, and how they work together:
trigger tab
- break time
trigger tab - motion sensor - configure
- MAKE time
- Algorithm
record tab
- JPEG snapshot each (mm:ss)
- pre-trigger video buffer

I think I may have figured out how to get a relevant image in my text via ai tools, one that has the surrounding boxes and the "person 84%" tag in it (by using &jpeg=[ImagePathEscaped] on the end of the trigger url, and also checking the "merge annotations" and "copy alert images to folder"), but still, I'm getting texts like every 4 seconds.

I'd like to just get a single text, that has an image with the subject of the alert (the post man walking up to the door with a package, for instance), or the punk kid next door lighting my American Flag on fire at midnight (yeah; that happened 2 months ago, which is why I now have a camera and the BI software!).

That's all I want. Then I know to either head to the front door for the package, or head to the front door with my .357Mag to take care of a felon / arsonist. Or, when I'm at work, I just want to know I should open up UI3 and check the recording on the hd cam to see what happened before and after the image in the text.

I'm willing to share screenshots of my setup, or even have a remote session with official BI support folks if necessary.

Sorry that was long, but...I'm desperate to get this working like this.