I only want a 10 second recording when triggered

OB1 KNOB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi... is there a way to record an mp4 video for only 10 seconds at the beginning of a motion detection trigger?

I need it to be 10 seconds so i can push it to my phone. thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... is there a way to record an mp4 video for only 10 seconds at the beginning of a motion detection trigger?

I need it to be 10 seconds so i can push it to my phone. thanks.
yes, set the break time to 10 seconds.
The real question is why do you need the clip "pushed to your phone"?
Record to bvr and you can watch a clip while its being recorded.

OB1 KNOB

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, set the break time to 10 seconds.
The real question is why do you need the clip "pushed to your phone"?
Record to bvr and you can watch a clip while its being recorded.
Hey, Thanks! Using BVR would be awesome, but what i want to do is to have the phone show me just a few seconds of the beginning of the motion trigger while i'm at work (i.e. in meetings) from the lock screen without me having to fiddle around with any apps, etc. That way i can pretend i still care about the meeting at work. :)

The only way i can think of is to get a 10 second capture at the beginning of the trigger event, save it as mp4 and push it to my iphone. the iphone shows it on the lock screen as part of the notification alert.

I'll try the break time in the trigger options window. That's what you meant, right?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, Thanks! Using BVR would be awesome, but what i want to do is to have the phone show me just a few seconds of the beginning of the motion trigger while i'm at work (i.e. in meetings) from the lock screen without me having to fiddle around with any apps, etc. That way i can pretend i still care about the meeting at work. :)

The only way i can think of is to get a 10 second capture at the beginning of the trigger event, save it as mp4 and push it to my iphone. the iphone shows it on the lock screen as part of the notification alert.

I'll try the break time in the trigger options window. That's what you meant, right?
yes. You also need to disable combine and cut in the record tab.

OB1 KNOB

n3wb
Reaction score
Push alerts to the iphone app include animated clips.
True... but the alerts go to my wife as well and she has to have a simple way of turning off receiving the alerts (i.e. not going through the BI app to turn things on/off), so i have the alerts from BI go to home assistant which then pushes things to the iphones. She's used to using home assistant to turn things on/off.

I realize this is very complicated... but the WAF trumps everything else. I'd be happy to know if there's a simpler way to do what i'm trying to do: send clips to an iphone with the ability for my wife to turn off/on receiving them whenever she feels like it.