I receive push triggers but not push sounds

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running iOS 11 with the latest BI4 on the server and BI4 on the iOS app. I have two devices my iPad receives the triggers and the alert tone. On my iPhone I am not able to receive the alert tone but I do receive the trigger and the picture associated with it. I have notifications turned on for audio and my phone is not on vibrate. BI4 shows both devices checked in the option mobile config. What’s going on?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am running iOS 11 with the latest BI4 on the server and BI4 on the iOS app. I have two devices my iPad receives the triggers and the alert tone. On my iPhone I am not able to receive the alert tone but I do receive the trigger and the picture associated with it. I have notifications turned on for audio and my phone is not on vibrate. BI4 shows both devices checked in the option mobile config. What’s going on?
probably a permissions issue ensure the app has proper permissions...or try to reinstall the app

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I only have Android but it has an option in the phone for "play new alert sound". Does ios version have that?
Edit - I see where you said you had audio on, so ignore my question.

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks like you have verified notification settings for that app in the list at the bottom of the iOS settings page, you also have alerts checked in the mobile section of the Blue Iris server settings, and you said the ringer and alerts volume and ringtone sound effect are set in the sounds section of the iOS settings page. I can't think of anything else besides maybe uninstalling the BI app on that device and reinstalling it to see if that makes a difference.

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you do not use any power saving features on the phone. On android some power saving features shut down Blue Iris from running in the background thus not allowing push notification sounds