I see Deer a Lot--- Never this!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see yotes in my backyard several times per month.
Along with Daily we see:
Deer
Rabbits
Skunks
Racoons
Possums'
Fox's
Squirrels
Flying Squirrels
Dogs
Cats
Ducks
Geese
Hawks
Buzzards
Snakes from time to time.
Numerous different kinds of birds.
Lions and tigers and bears.....oh my! :wow:

(and toads)

Reaction score
I see yotes in my backyard several times per month.
Along with Daily we see:
Deer
Rabbits
Skunks
Racoons
Possums'
Fox's
Squirrels
Flying Squirrels
Dogs
Cats
Ducks
Geese
Hawks
Buzzards
Snakes from time to time.
Numerous different kinds of birds.
OMG... You've got your own little ecosystem going there. Or are you in a zoo?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns, I have the same animals where I live. I'd add bats, mice, and chipmunks to the list. I also saw a huge turtle (or tortoise) once, and have no idea where he/she came from.

I've only seen a coyote once also.
You are right, I forgot those too.
Add to my list.
Bats
Mice
Chipmunks
Voles
Moles
Owls
Most people that don't have cams, have no idea what is roaming around their yards.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That I don't have, yet!. :)
We have a few birds lately that according to the bird people, that shouldn't be in this area.
So the armadillos might arrive someday.
Could be....nature does what it has to do to procreate and survive.

I grew up in GA, never saw 'dillos, just in TX and FL. Stepmom is 84, has lived here in AL all her life and says she never saw groundhogs OR armadillos until beginning gradually since late '70's; now they're here like all the rest of the critters (deer, foxes, bobcats, coyotes, possums, raccoons, muskrats, groundhogs, squirrels (gray, fox and flying), field mice, skunks, martins, all kinds of birds, turkeys, bats, black buzzards, turkey buzzards, owls and hawks, all kinds of snakes (rat, corn, chicken, eastern hog-nosed, garter, black, black racer, king, green, ribbon, Dekays, ring-necked, eastern milk, rattlers, cottonmouth, copperheads), all kinds of lizards (fence, skinks, anoles), salamanders, frogs and toads and I'm sure a few I've failed to mention. I've been told there are panthers around but rare; I've never seen one.

The 'dillos got so bad that in summer of '20 I set up an old wireless Trendnet indoor P/T cam, 480p, under a bucket for rain protection, with outboard additional IR emitter, on bottom front step pointed toward their pathway. I slept in the recliner in the living room for a week. Had Blue Iris notify me and send a snapshot so when I looked at it I knew which way to turn when I made it to the bottom step: right to the woods and their nest or left toward the road. Me and my Henry .22LR with red dot laser and white light killed 10 in a week, pretty much wiped them out, no digging up my yard for the rest of '20 and all of '21.

Last edited: