I understand my Dahua HDW5231R-Z has a mic

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I understand my Dahua HDW5231R-Z has a mic built in. When i add the cam to BI the video works but the path for audio is blank. What goes there?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand my Dahua HDW5231R-Z has a mic built in. When i add the cam to BI the video works but the path for audio is blank. What goes there?

nothing...you need to enable audio in both blue iris under he audio tab for the camera and the camera interface itself

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Turn off the noise filter and turn up / un-mute / plug in your speakers

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its working now, Thanks!
Is there a way to use my mobile to talk out of the camera as the option would suggest or do i need something else?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its working now, Thanks!
Is there a way to use my mobile to talk out of the camera as the option would suggest or do i need something else?
no the camera has no speaker or audio out.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Case Closed. You guys are literally THE best.

GaryFunk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its working now, Thanks!
That depends on if the camera has a speaker. The ones I have found have a speaker that's useless.

Prinler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, it was an interesting idea. I have a cam near some trash cans and it would be kinda cool to be able to hook up a loud speaker and yell at them. I had an analog DVR that did it. Speco Tech.
I would take these Speco DVR's take the guts out and install them into a faux power panel I installed into the wall. Id then run a large flexible bit into the fire block up top and through the stud mid way down. I put a fan up top sucking and holes inside the case. Turned out so nice and once you slap stickers and scratch it up no one would ever know it was there. Those were fun times.

Attachments