I wonder what cameras she has?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So actress Kelly Monaco's home caught on fire by someone tossing a cigarette in her neighbors yard.

Kelly, who had security cameras on her home, gave the footage they captured to investigators. The video showed a person throwing a lit cigarette into a lot next to her house that started a fire "within seconds," Carmina confirms. "You could see all of it happen on Kelly's cameras, including the flick of the cigarette and the spark of the butt."

We need to see this video LOL. That couldn't have been a Ring or Nest cam LOL. And I am sure she isn't on a quarter acre lot LOL. And it must have been optically zoomed to be able to see that? Or it was one big cigarette and one big spark!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The person videoing the response to the fire out front? Yeah, the vertical footage that whirls around in a circle making one dizzy? Yes, the one in the way of the fireman carrying a ladder? I'd give $10 to see that ladder "accidentally" smack them in back of the head. :confused::headbang:

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
So actress Kelly Monaco's home caught on fire by someone tossing a cigarette in her neighbors yard.

Kelly, who had security cameras on her home, gave the footage they captured to investigators. The video showed a person throwing a lit cigarette into a lot next to her house that started a fire "within seconds," Carmina confirms. "You could see all of it happen on Kelly's cameras, including the flick of the cigarette and the spark of the butt."

We need to see this video LOL. That couldn't have been a Ring or Nest cam LOL. And I am sure she isn't on a quarter acre lot LOL. And it must have been optically zoomed to be able to see that? Or it was one big cigarette and one big spark!

The video on the TMZ web site that shows how it started looks like a DVR system. Quality doesn't look that great, but they are recording the video from a monitor with maybe a cell phone.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
The person videoing the response to the fire out front? Yeah, the vertical footage that whirls around in a circle making one dizzy? Yes, the one in the way of the fireman carrying a ladder? I'd give $10 to see that ladder "accidentally" smack them in back of the head. :confused::headbang:
I was a volunteer firefighter for 28 years. The biggest pain in the asses on a fire scene? Law enforcement, aka "blue canaries". They would pass us in their car on the way to the scene, park their car at the end of the long drive, in front of the hydrant or block the road so our tanker truck couldn't get through, lock it and then stand in front of the house, playing pocket pool and watching the house burn. We would get to the scene and I couldn't get the engine up the drive, due to them blocking it. We would lay on the air horns and get on the PA, telling officer dumbass to move his car.

Almost got in trouble one fire. After repeated experiences described in the paragraph above, I got on the PA and told officer dumbass to either move move his car or I am pushing it out of the way with the Engine.......Great morale booster for my fellow fire fighters, our Chief didn't find much humor in it.....

Or, they get to a scene first, go busting through the front door with no SCBA or bunker gear on, get about 20 feet inside of a house full of dense smoke and then get overcome with smoke inhalation. Now, we gotta SAR his dumb ass before we can begin to put the fire out. All true stories.....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fortunately, the 31 years I spent in traffic signal maintenance I got to work with many fine, dedicated, well-trained cops, deputies and firemen. The reality is, there are dumbasses in EVERY profession out there, here and there all over this country and this world, even some dumbass firefighters. ...and dumbass traffic signal techs and maintenance electricians.

The good news is, the desirable ones, the ones that make a positive difference and do a good job, outnumber the bad ones significantly. :cool:

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Fortunately, the 31 years I spent in traffic signal maintenance I got to work with many fine, dedicated, well-trained cops, deputies and firemen. The reality is, there are dumbasses in EVERY profession out there, here and there all over this country and this world, even some dumbass firefighters. ...and dumbass traffic signal techs and maintenance electricians.

The good news is, the desirable ones, the ones that make a positive difference and do a good job, outnumber the bad ones significantly. :cool:
I agree, there are many good ones. Unfortunately, in the county where I was a volunteer, the dumbest of the dumb got assigned to our 167 sq. miles of coverage because it was very rural and there wasn't a whole lot of trouble they could get themselves into out in the middle of no where. They were young, bored and a house fire was the highlight of their patrol shift.