I would like .... PTZ, (auto)tracking ...

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm searching for a "low cost" camera and would be very interested by good informations.
Before all, here is my context:
- I owned a "tiny house" with river , nature ....just fantastic ;) but I only live here at week end or holidays
- large size ground
- I added a solar tracker and some other things (freezer...)
- I have a good 4G connection too

So I would like to add a camera, first to be advised on my phone if someone is in my private ground, second to know about weather (will watering in the future) or simply to see landscape.
For thieves, I think there would be "local". My home can't be found easily and many
neighbours doesn't know about it.

As my electricity is solar (just 200W panel and 200Ah/12V battery actually) I planed to add a TP link M7300 4G router and this low cost camera.

Is it a good choice ?

Thanks for your help !

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, nice picture (and very high speed !), but .. no auto-tracking ?

And what about this one

Last edited:

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the link jaycanter. It's not the same price. SD5022U have a lowest price and seem to have tracking, isn't it ? lowest quality ?

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the cheapest Auto tracking i could find with starlight theres another brand about 75.00 less than the sd59 but no starlight. My 1st dahua is the s59 cam and liked it so much i ordered 3 more

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

As I bought many thinks for my "solar home", I decided to buy a lower cost camera first : this one

Low cost, no need for 4G router, PTZ ... I choose 1080P.

I will write a small review about it as I didn't saw anything like that.
Also I find intersting that it's a smaller camera.
Of course there is no auto-tracking but for the price and for quick installation............

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

As I bought many thinks for my "solar home", I decided to buy a lower cost camera first : this one
Wow I didn't even know such a thing existed. It looks very much like a modified Huisun Mini PTZ v1. A few things that might be worthy of noting
  • The Dahua cameras will be much better quality all round plus 25x zoom compared to 4x
  • The 4G camera you have selected cannot be plugged into a LAN or NVR this makes it very restrictive with what you can do with it
  • You don't seem to be able to just use a browser to access to camera (I'm guessing everything is done via the mobile app …how long will this app be supported? is it even any good?)
  • Quality/reliability is probably going to be very suspect with that 4G camera
Personally I would recommend getting a 4G router and a Dahua camera, it's more expensive but infinitely more flexible. You would then have a proper network and internet connection at the house, you can add more cameras or other internet devices (maybe smart lights that you can switch on/off remotely etc.).

Another thing to note… when using 4G you (usually) won't have a fixed public IP address. This makes remote viewing tricky. I think the 4G camera indicates it uses P2P so perhaps this is how it negates that issue (again I would be wary of how well this will perform).

I would be very interested to see how that 4G camera performs but I think a much better setup would be:
  • 4G modem (so you can use any router you choose)
  • Router with VPN support – ASUS routers have this built in e.g something like this
  • Dahua PTZ or if your budget really cannot stretch take a risk on a cheaper PTZ but still get the separate 4G modem/router
Using a VPN will allow you view the camera remotely even thought you won't have a fixed public IP.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes you're probably right and, if I think quality/fonctionnality are too poor, I will choose 4G router and a better camera.
But here , for a 150$ total cost and nothing to connect except 12V, it's may be an interesting test and I already bought it so I will see.

bludoc

n3wb
Reaction score

bludoc

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, nice picture (and very high speed !), but .. no auto-tracking ?

And what about this one
I am very much interested in getting this however one thing to consider that it does not have IR which is a deal breaker for me I am looking for external IR illuminator that I could add to it but haven't found anything yet.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Specs say "
Ethernet RJ45 et Antenne 10 M/100 M Adaptative Ethernet Interface "
and pics confirm.
Yes but according to the listing FAQs the ethernet interface does nothing :confused:

Question: What is the difference of this camera from other ip camera?

Answer: This camera is 3G/4G SIM Card camera, the LAN port is of no use, you have to put a 3G/4G SIM Card into camera to get connection with internet. You can not connect this camera to router !

Question: Does this 4G camera support local IE broswer and local PC client?
Answer: No, it can not support local IE broswer and local PC client. because it can not support router.
Here's the listing in English

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will give you results about this camera.
I'm electronician so I will open it to see inside... ;)
In fact I need to add some informations like battery state, wattering control so I'm planning to find solutions.

One important thing for my "solar" application: this camera will have a lower consumption (less than 2A with PTZ !).
I have now 3 solars panels and I'm wait for a new MPPT controller to support 2 more panels so total maximum power will be about 500W, perhaps for 5 to 8 sun hours/day (200Ah battery). May have some rare cloudy days.
This to support a "solar" fridge and a PTZ camera.
I'm not sure about power if I put a 4G router and a "big" autotracking camera. I think it would work but...

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One important thing for my "solar" application: this camera will have a lower consumption (less than 2A with PTZ !).
I have now 3 solars panels and I'm wait for a new MPPT controller to support 2 more panels so total maximum power will be about 500W, perhaps for 5 to 8 sun hours/day (200Ah battery). May have some rare cloudy days.
This to support a "solar" fridge and a PTZ camera.
I'm not sure about power if I put a 4G router and a "big" autotracking camera. I think it would work but...
The Dahua SD49225T-HN power consumption is listed as 13W (day), 20W (night) and I would guesstimate a modem/router would be another 10–20W on top of that. The 4G camera has a listed power consumption of 3W (day), 8W (night) so yeah it's certainly better power consumption wise :)

orphee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
2A is not the real camera power here, just specified external power. In fact they write 8W (so less than 1A). I will test this.