Ideas for Carpark CCTV with Strobe light / siren

Kymadn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Just looking for some advice. One of my clients is after a CCTV camera system at a shopping village. Basically they want to have a few cameras mounted on light poles. They will link back to the NVR via a Cambium PTP antenna.

The tricky part is that they want a strobe light and siren to activate between particular hours of the night when motion is detected. The idea is to deter people by drawing their attention towards the cameras and flashing strobe.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check this out from @hook3m , ==>> here.

Also, I would definitely avoid any LOUD sirens, horns, bells or whistles initially during the fine-tuning of motion detection, especially if anywhere near homes, apartments, lodging, etc. If it's night time 1) bugs will be attracted to parking lot lights and/or camera IR and can cause false triggers and 2) since it IS night time perhaps it won't require much sound to get someone's attention anyway. A sound file like "'...PSST....Hold it right there! " would be perfect.:rolleyes:

I think only the strobe would suffice, IMO.

Last edited:

Kymadn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks mate, that is good advice. They weren't 100% on the siren but they want either a strobe or siren. Your comment makes sense and i think a strobe light at each camera pole would work best. I have the wireless PTP network sorted. I just need ideas how to make the strobe light system work.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
..... I have the wireless PTP network sorted. I just need ideas how to make the strobe light system work.
I don't have a NVR (I use a PC with Blue Iris) so not sure about this but was thinking motion detected by the NVR (or cam) on cam's stream could activate an alarm in the cam (a relay closure) to initiate the strobe if a schedule allows it. An outboard relay with timing function could supplement the cam's alarm output to determine the duration of the strobe and limit unwanted repetition for the desired interval.

Kymadn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have a NVR (I use a PC with Blue Iris) so not sure about this but was thinking motion detected by the NVR (or cam) on cam's stream could activate an alarm in the cam (a relay closure) to initiate the strobe if a schedule allows it. An outboard relay with timing function could supplement the cam's alarm output to determine the duration of the strobe and limit unwanted repetition for the desired interval.
What Dahua camera have I/O's. I normally use the 4431EM turret camera

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Before installin IPC + Strobe take care of that electrical parameters of both devices are equal (for example: camera alram out for Eco-Savy IPC can provide 300mA, for Ultra - 1A). So be careful.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For sonic alert I would use a "white sound reversing alarm".

You are probably familiar with the regular beep beep beep reversing alarms on trucks. Recently in London and noticed all lorries (trucks) using white noise reversing alarms. Hell of a lot less annoying but much easier to spatially place (sense where the noise is coming from).