Ideas to help clean up homemade security system wiring and components

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since my Laview NVR has 16 alarm input channels (NO/NC) capabilities, I started designing and building a system (on the fly) that utilizes wireless door and window reed switches, wired PIR/Microwave outdoor motion sensors, and wired doorbell detection. I gather the wireless signals with a Interlogix Quik Bridge receiver. I use a 16 channel relay that I can control on and off with a single relay via a Wemo. This opens and closes the path to the 16 channel inputs on the NVR. It is a handy way of disarming the system when I get home or arming it when I leave since the Wemo works with my Amazon Echo. I also use a delay timer to give myslef time to leave the house before the whole works starts up.

I plan on adding more to this system. At a minimum another Quik Bridge. So, I’m going to need a bigger box. I will also need some ideas on wiring in respects to keeping it neat. Is there a wire kit that I can buy. So, in short I’m looking for suggestions on an economical box for mounting components and wiring that is robust and practical to clean this thing up. (see attached)

Thanks,

Attachments