iDMSS Alarm Manager missing events bug

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been using this app on my iPhone for a while now and could never figure out why the alarm manager didn't always show all of my IVS events. I finally figured out how and why this is happening.

The only way the actual event will show in the alarm manager list is if I actually click on the push notification to have the app launch the event. After this the event will show in the list. If you don't do this it WILL NOT show in the list.

I am sure this is not how it is supposed to work. Now the crazy thing is I searched about this issue first and found a post on another forum with the exact same issue and it is from 2014! Surely Dahua could fix this after 3 years time?

iDMSS Plus - Push events will only show up if app is open - CCTV Forum

Give it a try. You will get the same thing.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@TechBill can you check this in your end? I know you had the idmss push notification failed to subscribe issue before on your 5 series NVR that is now fixed. I am getting this issue with a 2 different 4 series nvr and just want to see if anyone is getting having the same issue.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@TechBill can you check this in your end? I know you had the idmss push notification failed to subscribe issue before on your 5 series NVR that is now fixed. I am getting this issue with a 2 different 4 series nvr and just want to see if anyone is getting having the same issue.
I don't use iDMSS Alarm manager, I just pay attention to the iDMSS notification that pops up on my iPhone home screen. But I will check this out and see if it a bug that need fixing and post it here on the forum to see if Andy @EMPIRETECANDY can pass it to Dahua engineer.

I just now deleted everything in my Alarm manager and closed the IDMSS app. My understanding from your post if I get iDMSS notification on my iPhone and I go open the iDMSS app, it will not be listed on the Alarm manager unless I keep the iDMSS open all the time correct?

Bill

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IMG_3300.PNG IMG_3301.PNG IMG_3303.PNG
I don't use iDMSS Alarm manager, I just pay attention to the iDMSS notification that pops up on my iPhone home screen. But I will check this out and see if it a bug that need fixing and post it here on the forum to see if Andy @EMPIRETECANDY can pass it to Dahua engineer.

I just now deleted everything in my Alarm manager and closed the IDMSS app. My understanding from your post if I get iDMSS notification on my iPhone and I go open the iDMSS app, it will not be listed on the Alarm manager unless I keep the iDMSS open all the time correct?

Bill
@TechBill . Close but not quite. I will explain in more detail below. Also have Included screenshots as well.

Right now now Alarm Manager last shows an event on 9/16/17 and today is 9/18/17 two days later. Yet I have had IVS triggers since that time. Even today. It doesn't matter if the iDMSS app is open or closed it will act this way. So to reproduce the bug if it is one I can go back to my notifications and click on the iDMSS push notification that was most recent and then it will open the app and show the live view now or the video recording of iDMSS depending on how you configured it. Then it will show in the alarm manager list. But only then. I am pretty sure it should show in this list all the events not just the ones you clicked on the push notification?

Here are the screenshots...

IMG_3300.PNG IMG_3301.PNG IMG_3303.PNG

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 21878 View attachment 21879 View attachment 21880

@TechBill . Close but not quite. I will explain in more detail below. Also have Included screenshots as well.

Right now now Alarm Manager last shows an event on 9/16/17 and today is 9/18/17 two days later. Yet I have had IVS triggers since that time. Even today. It doesn't matter if the iDMSS app is open or closed it will act this way. So to reproduce the bug if it is one I can go back to my notifications and click on the iDMSS push notification that was most recent and then it will open the app and show the live view now or the video recording of iDMSS depending on how you configured it. Then it will show in the alarm manager list. But only then. I am pretty sure it should show in this list all the events not just the ones you clicked on the push notification?

Here are the screenshots...

View attachment 21878 View attachment 21879 View attachment 21880

I have done some test and it seem you are correct. It is not showing up in my Alarm Manager unless I choose to check the notification from my iPhone screen then it will get added into the Alarm Manager. I am not sure if that intended or a bug. Most likely I would think it a bug if the developer intended for it to flag in Alarm Manager every time you get a notification on your home screen.

Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY

Can you ask Dahua engineer if iPhone iDMSS Alarm Manager suppose to record all events triggered even if it running in background?

We are noticing that when iDMSS is not in foreground (running in background) the Alarm Manager is not recording the event unless we open the notification alert on iPhone then it will record that one event selected in the iPhone notification screen into the Alarm Manager.

I believe in the other forum someone posted it is recording every events in Alarm manager on gDMSS (Android app) but it is a bug in iDMSS (iOS app) .

If it suppose to record every events in Alarm Manager then there is a bug with iDMSS, please report it to Dauha engineer.

Thank you Andy!

Bill

emmeci85

n3wb
Reaction score
I have done some test and it seem you are correct. It is not showing up in my Alarm Manager unless I choose to check the notification from my iPhone screen then it will get added into the Alarm Manager. I am not sure if that intended or a bug. Most likely I would think it a bug if the developer intended for it to flag in Alarm Manager every time you get a notification on your home screen.

Andy, @EMPIRETECANDY

Can you ask Dahua engineer if iPhone iDMSS Alarm Manager suppose to record all events triggered even if it running in background?

We are noticing that when iDMSS is not in foreground (running in background) the Alarm Manager is not recording the event unless we open the notification alert on iPhone then it will record that one event selected in the iPhone notification screen into the Alarm Manager.

I believe in the other forum someone posted it is recording every events in Alarm manager on gDMSS (Android app) but it is a bug in iDMSS (iOS app) .

If it suppose to record every events in Alarm Manager then there is a bug with iDMSS, please report it to Dauha engineer.

Thank you Andy!

Bill
I have the same problem!

another issues of iDMSS that I find are:
- the date/hours/minutes of the push event in alarm manager it's always 0-0 0:00
- with the app closed, push notification appear only in iphone notification center and if you open the gdmss app alarm manager is empty.
- motion areas in the mobile app not corresponding with motion areas programmed in web interface
- limit of 10 minutes in search on playback snapshot
- I think it's better if the app remembers the latest open cameras, every time I open it I need to reselect all

Last edited:

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a follow up to my original post about this issue, as Dahua did update the iDMSS app version (latest I am running is iDMSS Plus v3.50.000 dated Sept 25, 2017) a few weeks go and I was hoping that the latest version fixed this problem but it didn't. Still the same annoying issue. I am sure this is NOT how it is supposed to work.

@EMPIRETECANDY can you PLEASE contact Dahua about this issue and ask them to fix this issue, or at least confirm it is an issue, and not how it is supposed to work? Thanks!

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my android gdmss new app still not working alarm notify setting

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

since the latest update with the logins and all, the Alarm manager dont work anymore.

When i received a notification and click on it, it tries to open the main stream playback but fails.

something is screwed up with this update... why change it when it was working perfectly before :mad: :mad:

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not surprised at all. I am not even using it anymore for notifications. I gave up. I just use gmail for push notification alerts now. Was not impressed with Dahua at all with regards to this.

Once it works I would switch back but not wasting anymore time with it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Not surprised at all. I am not even using it anymore for notifications. I gave up. I just use gmail for push notification alerts now. Was not impressed with Dahua at all with regards to this.

it still working for me but I noticed the newest addition that during playback, it repeating some section of the video in a playback loop repeating it. Not sure if it new feature or a bug. '

It would start playing the video back then when it get close to the trigger point the playback loop back 5 seconds or so and continue to play again and keep playing until it seem that next event trigger then it loop back 5 second or so again. Almost if it was emphasizing that was triggering the event.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Amazing quality control Dahua! You really have to wonder if they actually have any beta testers for there software!

it still working for me but I noticed the newest addition that during playback, it repeating some section of the video in a playback loop repeating it. Not sure if it new feature or a bug. '

It would start playing the video back then when it get close to the trigger point the playback loop back 5 seconds or so and continue to play again and keep playing until it seem that next event trigger then it loop back 5 second or so again. Almost if it was emphasizing that was triggering the event.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Also the screenshot is finally working for me now.

Before I could not get any screenshot, it keep stating "not found". I even went back to the alarm event before the update and all those screenshots are coming up now.

I knew I set it up right in the NVR :)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Amazing quality control Dahua! You really have to wonder if they actually have any beta testers for there software!
After trying it some more, I suspected that it's more a feature than a bug.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

You might try reinstalling the app and setting it up again to see if that fixes it. It's is working for me and even some of the function like screenshot that was broken for me before the update is fixed now.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My comment was more referring to the original problem which I posted about starting this thread. To my knowledge it still has not been fixed. That would be a bug not a feature. Although that latest issue could be a feature I am not really sure. If anyone has push notifications working properly with iDMSS on iOS as per my original thread please do let me know. If it is working again I will give it a try for sure.

After trying it some more, I suspected that it's more a feature than a bug.

Reaction score
The exact same thing is happening to me.

If I do not swipe the notification on the lock screen on my iPhone to open the event, the event will not appear in the alarm manager.

If I happen to have the alarm manager open when an event occurs, it will get inserted into the alarm manager screen list on idmss. But this scenario is not realistic/practical.

A very bad bug.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone from Dahua can update us of this?

All Chinese people I think.

Spudz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since it is quite evident that no one at Dahua cares to fix this rediculous bug, I just have in up using idmss for push notification alerts with recorded video. It is really useless for this feature. While it may be true that nest, ring, arlo, etc. and all the other DIY/Consumer streaming camera manufacturers have cameras that are no where near the quality of a Dahua camera at least software wise they are way ahead of the game. This is where I feel Dahua is really lacking and it is so unfortunate.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Since it is quite evident that no one at Dahua cares to fix this rediculous bug, I just have in up using idmss for push notification alerts with recorded video. It is really useless for this feature. While it may be true that nest, ring, arlo, etc. and all the other DIY/Consumer streaming camera manufacturers have cameras that are no where near the quality of a Dahua camera at least software wise they are way ahead of the game. This is where I feel Dahua is really lacking and it is so unfortunate.
That is why many of us are using blueiris you can have the best of both worlds