iDMSS Plus 4.01.000 issues/ bugs

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I updated my iDMSS to 4.01 and I noticed that it fails to connect often when I select an alert from the iPhone notification list.

To overcome it, I have to kill the iDMSS and restart it every time I get an alert then select the alert in the Alarm manager to view the IVS recording. If i don't kill the app then it will open up playback with a "Failed to connect" message.

However the looping or repeating video issue is fixed.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
very often when I open up a notification I see a recording of the previous day that has nothing to do with the current notification. I have to manually have the app open on my iPhone for it to sometimes work properly. I haven't figured out when it works vs. when it does not.

SeanT000

n3wb
Reaction score
very often when I open up a notification I see a recording of the previous day that has nothing to do with the current notification. I have to manually have the app open on my iPhone for it to sometimes work properly. I haven't figured out when it works vs. when it does not.
Im having the same issue. It will only work when I have the app open. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but had no luck. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I woke up to about 5 alerts this morning on my iPhone. I opened up the app and then clicked on the first (newest) alert. It took me to an event from a previous time that I’ve never viewed. I may have cleared it the prior day but I don’t remember. After the first swipe on the first alert didn’t work, the alerts on all the ones thereafter all worked properly.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I woke up to about 5 alerts this morning on my iPhone. I opened up the app and then clicked on the first (newest) alert. It took me to an event from a previous time that I’ve never viewed. I may have cleared it the prior day but I don’t remember. After the first swipe on the first alert didn’t work, the alerts on all the ones thereafter all worked properly.
It a known bug that have been introduced in the last update

@EMPIRETECANDY

You might want to show Dahua engineer about this bug. Several of my folks are experiencing it and downright annoying bug.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
The latest APP Push is an old EVENT Before right?

Yes in a way, The push notification is a NEW event when click on NEW notification, it playback an OLD event or WRONG event not match with notification new event.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI I believe with the 4.10.001 iDMSS update the bug has been fixed where you click a notification and it takes you to the incorrect event.

It is now properly taking you to the event even without needing to open iDMSS first. A swipe or click on the notification when iDMSS is closed and iPhone is locked now opens the app on its own and takes you to the proper event.

Thanks Andy for sending that issue to the engineers at Dahua.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI I believe with the 4.10.001 iDMSS update the bug has been fixed where you click a notification and it takes you to the incorrect event.

It is now properly taking you to the event even without needing to open iDMSS first. A swipe or click on the notification when iDMSS is closed and iPhone is locked now opens the app on its own and takes you to the proper event.

Thanks Andy for sending that issue to the engineers at Dahua.

The event bug seem to be fixed but I am still getting a cannot connect bug forcing me to kill iDMSS app and restart it each time I get a "cannot connect message"