Idmss push notifications "failed to subscribe"

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi, I just purchased the idmss pro app. When I go to push notifications, it says "failed to subscribe". I have a 5216-16p-4ks2 nvr running the latest firmware. Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would like to know as well since I will be investing in about 5-6 IP cameras and I'm coming from a family of 8 Amcrest cameras and want to make sure that these features work. The Amcrest push notification works beautifully for me. Push notification is quite important for me since the minute I get a package delivery or suspicious roaming around my property, I'd want to be informed when I'm away.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm using gDMSS on my Android, but I have a similar problem. I used to have only one "device" on the app and it was my nvr. At some point that stopped working so i had to manually add individual cameras in order to successfully subscribe to IVS events. Trying to subscribe to the nvr events fails.

Now that being said, I'm still having issues with the events. My phone will notify me that there was an event when i tell it to push a clip, but when i try to view it, it says there is no record. If i tell it to push "video" it will allow me to open it and view the live feed, but i cant back up a few seconds to see exactly what tripped it.

Try adding individual cameras as devices and subscribe to the ivs events from them. Hopefully yours will still push the ivs clip

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have my cameras connected to my nvr Poe ports so I don't think I will be able to add them individually. Cameras connected to the NVR Poe cannot connect to the internet correct?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im not sure as i have the non poe version. The main limitation I'm aware of with using the nvr poe ports is accessing the camera's admin page from a computer on your network. Considering you have Dahua cams, Dahua nvr and a Dahua app... I would think you could add them individually?

I've sent multiple emails to Dahua thru the play store with no responses.

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't think I can access them, or at least I don't know how too..looks like we got ripped off $5

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yea im pretty upset about it. I don't (didn't) use the app for anything other than the notifications. I always use tinycam to view my live feeds.

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah. Only point of the pro version is to get notifications. Hopefully it will get fixed.
Does anyone else have this issue? Or is it just @DavidDavid and I??

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my Android. Hoping the next app update will fix this, sucks that it's not working as it's the primary reason I purchased the app.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The gdmss app released an update yesterday and it didn't fix my Failed to Subscribe issue. Wondering if it has more to do with the unofficial NVR firmware I'm running than the app itself.

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The gdmss app released an update yesterday and it didn't fix my Failed to Subscribe issue. Wondering if it has more to do with the unofficial NVR firmware I'm running than the app itself.
That could have something to do with it. Maybe they blocked the firmware. I believe it used to work with the unofficial firmware since @DavidDavid had it working fine until an app update. Can anyone with the official firmware check if it is working?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an official nvr firmware.

The android app updated for me and it stopped working.

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an official nvr firmware.

The android app updated for me and it stopped working.
Just curious, are you running the firmware that fixed the IVS skipped frame issue/ random reboot issue? Because I don't think that is a officially released firmware....I think it's like a beta or something. I can't find it on their website.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just curious, are you running the firmware that fixed the IVS skipped frame issue/ random reboot issue? Because I don't think that is a officially released firmware....I think it's like a beta or something. I can't find it on their website.
Yes I am. And shit...you're probably right on that.

For what its worth though, my pushes were working long after I upgraded the NVR's firmware.

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, that's good to know that it worked on the unofficial firmware prior to the app update. Definitely appears to be an app issue at this point.

tim8

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, that's good to know that it worked on the unofficial firmware prior to the app update. Definitely appears to be an app issue at this point.
Let's hope so. I'm just worried that they blocked our specific firmware version from their servers or something. Because if it was an app issue, wouldn't everyone's app stop working? Even for those with different nvr and firmware version?

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's definitely possible that they've blocked it in some way and yes, it would seem that everyone's notifications would stop working if it were an app issue. I don't see any reviews in the app store that elude to the notifications not working, which you think would cause someone to complain. I do hope it's an app issue though, as I don't want to revert back to the old firmware and have to deal with the IVS issues just to get notifications.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine been working fine since day one but today I decided to go with snapshot and went into the push setting to switch to Snapshot. I got this failed to subscribe pop up so I thought I would delete the NVR in device manager and try again. Well it was a bad idea since I got the same pop up and now I can't get push notification anymore. Guess I will have to go set up email temporary until they fix this.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine been working fine since day one but today I decided to go with snapshot and went into the push setting to switch to Snapshot. I got this failed to subscribe pop up so I thought I would delete the NVR in device manager and try again. Well it was a bad idea since I got the same pop up and now I can't get push notification anymore. Guess I will have to go set up email temporary until they fix this.

I managed to get only one camera notification working again. I went to device manager and install one of the camera to device manager and set up Push notification then switch the ip address back to NVR. It seem to work but only limited to one camera. I tried adding other camera and it won't work so right now I add the camera at my front door for the time being until this bug is fixed.