IDMSS wont convert video to MP3/4 now all are DAV ?

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to in the past few weeks record videos from my IDMSS app to my Iphone and able to save the recording in my camera/video on my phone. Now all of a sudden it doesn't work the camera option doenst show up on my IDMSS as a option to download video to. I thought it could have been that I changed the videos to record in H265 so I switched the substream back to H264 which I believe was causing the issue since that was the only thing I can think of that I changed that might have this effect, and as luck would have it still doenst work? Anyone know the solution to fixing this ?

I tried to convert the DAV file with HandBrake and it wouldn't work? Not sure but it would be nice to be able to set the formats in order to get the files at least viewable. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Attachments

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I have smart player as well,

row

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to in the past few weeks record videos from my IDMSS app to my Iphone and able to save the recording in my camera/video on my phone. Now all of a sudden it doesn't work the camera option doenst show up on my IDMSS as a option to download video to. I thought it could have been that I changed the videos to record in H265 so I switched the substream back to H264 which I believe was causing the issue since that was the only thing I can think of that I changed that might have this effect, and as luck would have it still doenst work? Anyone know the solution to fixing this ?

I tried to convert the DAV file with HandBrake and it wouldn't work? Not sure but it would be nice to be able to set the formats in order to get the files at least viewable. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
I have the same issue. Did you ever figure this out? I used to be able to record a clip thru the app, save it to local files, and then export it to my camera roll. Now if I want a clip, I have to log into the NVR, grab the clip, convert it, etc. It was much easier doing it from the phone--no conversion needed.

Also, none of the video editors I'm using are able to load the .avi files. I can play them just fine in windows media player, but when trying to edit and combine the .avis in a video editing software, they won't import.

Last edited:

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately no never did figure it out. It worked for a while then stopped for no reason? I also on my iPhone get notifications but they are silent and can make it make noise when alerted. I wish those 2 things would get fixed. If I had known that was going to be a issue I might have rethought what I bought.