Iegeek to YouTube?

muppet77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.
newbie here.
I’ve an iegeek cctv cam rigged up to send periodic photos to my host server (go daddy). I’ve discovered it’s LAN address.

I want to live stream it to YouTube - I’ve set up the YouTube live stream page and it has given me an RTSP address and key for me to paste somewhere in the camera settings.
I’ve hunted around on the PC browser interface and also used HiP2P but I can’t see anywhere to paste this address.

I’m guessing that it isn’t possible with the iegeek 1080 bullet (?) but thought I better ask. Any thoughts and thanks in advance?
Absolutely nothing in the manual.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your cam can provide an RTSP stream that you can view with VLC, then you should be able to use third-party software such as OBS on your PC to stream live to YouTube.
That stream key gets pasted into OBS. YT has good tutorials on using OBS to stream live to YT and OBS hosts a forum to help you.

Last edited:

muppet77

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks - appreciated. I didn’t want to use third party software as a go between the cam and YT but it seems that this is the only way.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks - appreciated. I didn’t want to use third party software as a go between the cam and YT but it seems that this is the only way.
With your cam, very likely as IIRC, the protocol used to stream directly from cam to YT is RTMP, not RTSP.