If your "inactive cams" show up in your remote "all cam view"

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
My brother and I screwed around a couple of hours trying to figure out why his "inactive cams" from another profile were showing up in remote view of "all cams" Mine wasn't doing this and his was. We finally figured out it depends on a few factors, depending on when you checked "hidden" on a camera's properties/general tab if you already have "hide hidden cams checked" on the BI context menu. I ended up with mine showing the inactive cams as well. I did not want to see this so I dug into the BI registry and found where you can change the key value to "0"......see attached pic. Not sure if this is a bug or the way it is suppose to be, but I myself do not want to see all of my "inactive cams" in remote view. Note: you must restart BI after you change value to take effect.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My brother and I screwed around a couple of hours trying to figure out why his "inactive cams" from another profile were showing up in remote view of "all cams" Mine wasn't doing this and his was. We finally figured out it depends on a few factors, depending on when you checked "hidden" on a camera's properties/general tab if you already have "hide hidden cams checked" on the BI context menu. I ended up with mine showing the inactive cams as well. I did not want to see this so I dug into the BI registry and found where you can change the key value to "0"......see attached pic. Not sure if this is a bug or the way it is suppose to be, but I myself do not want to see all of my "inactive cams" in remote view. Note: you must restart BI after you change value to take effect.
This is a function of a recent update...
  • Inactive cameras (enabled but profile 0 or ~) that also have the "Continue to display and stream video while inactive" box unchecked on the Schedule tab in camera properties were previously handled almost identically to disabled cameras. Now they are handled a bit more like cameras in the "no signal" state. They will now appear on group images with an "inactive" message. You can also use a JPEG image in place of the "inactive" message by placing an "inactive.jpg" file in the camera's folder in the Blue Iris program files folder. These cameras will still be skipped in camera cycle functions.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, we read that over and over and decided then that they were suppose to show up....then we decided it was my system that was wrong LOL But during this whole process I discovered that if you don't want this feature I did the registry edit and it put mine back where they did not show up again. Unfortunately my brother in the meantime says this does not change his state. There is something going on here though because if you first go in and uncheck the hidden box on the cams properties page AND then go and uncheck the "show hidden cams" on the BI context menu....THEN go back and check the hidden box in the cam it will not show up again in the index cams view. Not a big deal since I only have one hidden cam in my system.....but brother has several. I am not going to even bother trying to explain this one to Ken but am going to ask if the cam is checked "hidden" then somehow not let it show up.....don't really understand why you want to see this anyway.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Update: after update 4.6.4.1 this is no longer a issue.