IFTT rest api help

NathanP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,

So geo-fencing is still very bad for my experience (and this is even after moving and replacing both phones). I've learned that you can interact with BI by using rest calls and wanted to set it up with IFTT for android. Does anyone have any experience with this?

And just to clarify my geo-fencing issues... I can set my geo location to current location, clear cache and it'll put me inside the fence then within a few minutes it'll put me outside again. Keeping Google maps open I don't show my GPS moving at all. This is even with a 200m fence.

abelmj

n3wb
Reaction score
What you describe may be possible. using The Maker Channel on IFTTT. The Maker Channel can send out webrequests, GET, POST, etc. My case is a bit different and more complicated. I have Blue Iris run a script when motion is triggered that executes a Python application that sends an HTTP POST to a Raspberry Pi Python application which plays an Alarm siren. The Alarm Siren application, in turn, invokes an IFTTT call to 1) call me by phone; 2) SMS text me. I also have DLINK Motion Sensors. I use IFTTT to send my BI a Trigger message to force a camera Trigger. Both Scenarios rely on using the Maker Channel to facilitate the webrequests.

IFTTT

Blue Iris integration- HTTP binding, REST api